Welcome to our blog series about SAP Subscription Billing’s new features!
This week’s blog is all about one topic, as we’ve just delivered several improvements that bring our integration with Convergent Invoicing in SAP S/4HANA Cloud to the next level. Let’s take a look together at what’s new:
Integration with Convergent Invoicing in SAP S/4HANA Cloud
We’re this week happy to announce that a new version of the integration content is now available, for integrating SAP Subscription Billing with Convergent Invoicing in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
In this integration scenario, billing data from SAP Subscription Billing will be forwarded to Convergent Invoicing, where tax amounts are added and the invoice is created. The invoiced amounts are then available in receivables management, contract accounting, contract-based revenue recognition, and controlling.
Compared with the previous version of this integration, the following enhancements were made:
- The replication of subscriptions to provider contracts in Convergent Invoicing is now possible, enabling contract accounting and invoicing
- Billing forecast data and transfer to billing plans in Convergent Invoicing will be generated, enabling contract-based revenue recognition (CBRR)
- Subscription profiles are now available for finer control of integration settings
- The integration of bills into billable items (BITs) in Convergent Invoicing is now enhanced with provider contract information
- The error handling for failed transfer of billing data was also improved
The integration is enabled by the SAP Best Practices scope item 5IK. For detailed information on the integration, see Subscription Management with Convergent Invoicing (5IK) in the Integration Guide.
Thank you for reading today’s blog! 🚀
To not miss the next feature blogs, don’t forget to follow the tag SAP Subscription Billing. And in the meantime, you can find out more about our solution in the information section below.
Also: please like this post if you found it useful, and don’t hesitate to leave us your feedback in the comment section.
In case of questions, feel free to ask them in our Q&A section, using the tag SAP Subscription Billing.
Stay tuned, and stay safe !