Supplier Invoicing Webinar Ask and Answer: Navigation, Payments, and Reporting
Last month, we hosted an invoicing webinar for our suppliers on Ariba Network to share best practices and address common invoicing questions. We were excited about the level of interaction throughout the event and the questions we received.
We’re answering all your questions in the form of a blog series organized by common themes. The fifth post for this series is on Navigation, Payments, and Reporting.
Q1: If a document is no longer valid, can we remove these failed invoices from our list?
- You can filter out the failed documents. Learn how to use the filters in this video.
Q2: How can I view more documents at once?
- At the bottom of the documents page under the list of documents, there is a drop-down arrow that lets you select how many items you want to show at once. You can choose from the 20, 50, and 100 increments.
- Let’s use the Orders page as an example.
- Clicking on the “Orders” tile will take you to the workbench view of your orders
- Scrolling to the bottom, you will see the drop-down arrow that indicates you are currently viewing 20 items at once
- Click on the drop-down to reveal the options
Q3: How can I view transaction history with clients?
- You can filter by customers when you click into any of the document tiles in your workbench. Using invoices as an example:
- Click into the “Invoices” tile
- Choose “ABC Company” from the customer filter to only see invoices from ABC Company
Q1: How can I see the expected payment date for my invoice?
- Once you click into an invoice to see the details, there is a “Scheduled Payments” tab where you can check the planned payment date. From here, you can also see the received date and accepted date.
Q2: I have a few invoices that say they are successfully submitted, but they have not been paid for over a year. What should I do?
- In the case of late payments beyond the expected date for approved invoices, contact your buyer to discuss next steps.
Q3: Can we partially credit an invoice if we accidentally charged too much?
- Suppliers can send credit memos to buyers if an invoice was overcharged or any amounts are owed to the buyer. To learn more about credit memos, click here.
Q4: Could we still invoice our customers even if we don’t enter banking details?
- Some customers require their suppliers to provide banking details on invoices. You’ll receive an error message on the invoice if you haven’t added banking information to your remittance address and your customer requires it. After you add your banking information to your remittance address, you can submit the invoice to your customer.
Q5: How can I create credit memos for older PO/invoices from before we integrated with SAP Ariba?
- If your buyer allows for this, you would need to create a Non-PO invoice first and then select “Credit Memo” in the “Type of Invoice” section.
Q1: How can you export an excel spreadsheet that includes invoice numbers and dollar amounts?
- To generate a spreadsheet for your invoices with details including invoice numbers and dollar amounts, follow the steps below:
- Access your invoices page by clicking the “Invoices” menu item or the “Invoices” tile in your workbench
- Click on the “Export” button on the right-hand side above your list of invoices.
Q2: Are we able to create a report that shows all of our POs and how much has been billed against each PO?
- To generate a spreadsheet for your orders with details including amounts invoiced for each order, follow the steps below:
- Access your orders page by clicking the “Orders” menu item or the “Orders” tile in your workbench
- Click on the “Export” button on the right-hand side above your list of orders.
If you’d like to explore other invoicing questions, check out the rest of this blog series: