Supplier Invoicing Webinar Ask and Answer: Invoice Details
Last month, we hosted an invoicing webinar for our suppliers on Ariba Network to share best practices and address common invoicing questions. We were excited about the level of interaction throughout the event and the questions we received.
We’re answering all your questions in the form of a blog series organized by common themes. The third post for this series is on Invoice Details.
Q1: How can I submit an invoice if my customer hasn’t established a trading relationship with me?
- To transact with a customer on Ariba Network, there must be an established trading relationship. Please reach out to your customer.
Q2: How can we see our customers’ invoice rules?
- You can view the different rules for each of your customers by going to your “Customer Relationships” page and pulling up the customer’s profile, which will include their invoice rules. Watch this video if you need help navigating.
Q3: I can’t upload my invoice due to an error that says my “sold-to email address is invalid”.
- The sold-to email address should match the person who requested the goods or services. Sometimes, the default sold-to email address could be based on the contract’s contact person. Learn more in this article.
Q4: Where can I find my buyer’s contact information?
- When you open an invoice, you will see a “Customer” section near the top that includes their contact details, such as an email address. For example:
- Otherwise, you can go to “Settings” and select “Customer Relationships” to see the list of your customers and select the company you’d like to contact. This will pull up the “Customer Details Page”. For example:
Q5: Can I ignore the UOM code in invoices if everything else is accurate and complete?
- Your buyer may require you to add UOM codes in your invoices before they could be accepted. Please refer to your buyer’s rules for clarification.
- Also, using incorrect UNUOM (United Nations Units of Measure) codes could affect how your invoice details are logged in your buyer’s organization. It is recommended to always use the proper UNUOM codes. Refer to the most frequently used UNUOM codes here.
Q6: What does “Items-to- ship” mean?
- “Items-to-ship” are orders/items that are awaiting shipment and do not have a ship confirmation attached to them.
Q7: Does SAP Ariba account for all the different state and county’s sales tax rates?
- SAP Ariba’s tax codes are applied on line items and are made up of tax components. Each tax component has a specific tax rate and could be defined for a specific country, region, and state. If you have permissions or a user role for Tax Manager or Customer Administrator , you can create, edit, and delete tax components if needed. Refer to these articles to learn more about tax components and how to define tax components.
Q8: Where can I get more information on my customer’s VAT/Tax ID?
- A customer’s VAT information should be displayed in the “Tax Summary” area near the bottom of the invoice and in the line-item details. For example:
If you’d like to explore other invoicing questions, check out the rest of this blog series: