News from SAP Activate – SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2105
We are pleased to announce the availability of the updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and pre-configuration content in SAP Best Practices Explorer (BPX). This release delivers many updates to the ready-to-run business processes, methodology guidance and the SAP Cloud ALM capabilities that our customers can leverage in their SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects. Here are key highlights for this release, you can learn more in the detailed sections below:
- New and updated ready-to-run business processes in Best Practices Explorer (BPX)
- Now available on Best Practices Explorer: Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- Updates to SAP Activate methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- New features in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
- What’s new in SAP Cloud ALM
- SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool – New features with 2105 release
- SAP Activate Blogs
Content updates for SAP Best Practices Explorer
SAP Best Practices Explorer is the one-stop shop for ready-to-run digitized business processes. View the What’s new by checking out the recently released packages and updates to our portfolio of SAP Best Practices solutions. In addition, you can now find SAP S/4HANA Cloud related content in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community.
For more information, please use the links below.
|SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition 2105||Update|
|SAP S/4HANA Public Sector Cloud||Update|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Marketing Cloud||Update|
|SAP Best Practices for SAP Integrated Business Planning||Update|
Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA
The enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA accelerates and simplifies the adoption of SAP S/4HANA for faster time to value due to accelerated implementation. It is ready for immediate consumption as it is deployed as an appliance, no activation of business content is required. It provides a global template for customers operating in multiple countries. The enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA is now obtainable on the SAP Best Practices Explorer and can be deployed on premise or in the context of RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
The enterprise management layer is also available for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition and now available on release 2020 on the SAP Best Practices Explorer.
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition in 2105
The SAP Activate content in the Implementation Roadmap for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, essentials edition has been enhanced for 2105 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey.
The key highlights are:
- Extensive additions to the Solution Adoption stream including 7 new deliverables and 13 new tasks to provide comprehensive guidance related to learning.
- Updates to the tasks related to SAP Central Business Configuration and Manage Your Solution to improve guidance based on the configuration scenario that the customer has. Examples include the tasks under the Quality System Request deliverable and several tasks under Solution Configuration. The Manage Your Solution related tasks will be phased out as customers are converted to configuration using SAP Central Business Configuration.
- Added translation support for the Chinese language and updated the Japanese content.
- Added a new task Review Hotfix Collection Information in the Run phase to provide detailed information on the Hotfix process and reduced downtime.
For a complete list of improvements, please see the release notes on SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release blog. You can access the SAP Activate methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here.
Updates of SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The SAP Activate Methodology content for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition has been enhanced for 2105 with improvements to help guide the customer through the implementation journey.
The key highlights are:
- The methodology content is available in SAP Cloud ALM and released to SAP customers Now:
- SAP Cloud ALM is available for all customers with SAP Enterprise Support, which includes the RISE with SAP customers.
- It comes with two templates: one for new implementation and another for system conversion
- Updates to incorporate enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA. Enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA can be used to accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. Sample changes include:
- Text and accelerator inclusion to Review Overview Documentation task
- Procedural updates and new accelerators in Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops
- Addition of EML content in the Fit-to-Standard workshops
- Updated and new SAP Fiori guidance to help customers through the steps of running SAP Fiori Rapid Activation and transporting through the system landscape.
- Added new SAP Learning Hub accelerators for RISE with SAP such as RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Onboarding Fundamentals (S4C03e_EN) in the Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition task.
- Added new task with guidance and accelerator to help customer understand how to request and run the SAP Process Discovery.
The updated content can be found here. See the release notes for a list of all improvements.
New functionality available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
The following feature improvements are now available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer.
- A new web assistance has been added to the roadmap viewer landing page to provide assistance with accessing and managing SAP Activate methodology roadmaps.
- A summary of the new or changed features, tasks, deliverables, accelerators and more can be found using the “What’s New” feature on the roadmap viewer landing page.
- Accelerators can now be accessed via the new tab “Accelerators.”
What’s new in SAP Cloud ALM
Learn about what is new in the What’s New in SAP Cloud ALM by viewing the table that provides an overview of new features. You can search through the table and filter content by area and availability date. To see which innovations are currently planned, please have a look at the SAP Roadmap Explorer for SAP Cloud ALM.
Learn more about what SAP Cloud ALM task types and task sources are, highlights about how SAP Cloud ALM can support SAP cloud implementation projects, how SAP Central Business Configuration can integrate with SAP Cloud ALM and what the benefit of this integration is with the following blogs:
- Understanding Task Types and Sources in SAP Cloud ALM
- SAP Cloud ALM for Implementation – Create Project & Define Scope
- What’s new in Project and Task Management in SAP Cloud ALM
- Integrating SAP Cloud ALM with SAP Central Business Configuration
SAP S/4HANA Test Automation Tool 2105 Release
As we move towards a more configurable and intelligent SAP S/4HANA Cloud solution, the Test Automation Tool has been further augmented with additional features to support better regression testing such as:
- UI Control Repository – A feature aimed towards reducing the maintenance of customer maintained automation script. This also brings further robustness and resilience to the test execution results.
- API Testing – API Test Automation framework has been delivered as part of the test tool. This enables users to use Standard API scripts, as well as OData API’s from SAP API Hub
- Test Data Container – A new application, which enables centralized test data maintenance with an easy to use and simplified interface.
More details about the features are also available in the release blog.
#Blogs | NEW SAP Activate Blogs
We invite you to follow the #SAP Activate tag on SAP Community, where you can find the following blog post as well as other posts SAP Activate experts shared with the community. Bob’s blog here explains how to follow the tag to stay on top of all the SAP Activate news.
- #SAPS4HANAValue Series blogs March, by Bob Byrne
- Another Edition of #bobsblognotes, by Bob Byrne
- Updates to SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud roadmap, by Bob Byrne
- New Web Assistant in Roadmap Viewer, by Bob Byrne
- Blogosphere is on fire with SAP Activate, by Bob Byrne
- SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition release notes, by Lisa Kouch
- SAP Activate – Customer Feedback, by Kelsey Lapczynski
- Implement Intelligent SAP BOTS and RPA in S/4HANA Cloud Projects using the SAP Activate Methodology, by Jitendra Bhandari
- Fit-to-standard, How Does it Support the Big Picture, by Lauren Bettuzzi
- RISE with SAP: Using SAP Activate as part of your SAP Implementation, by Dan Ciecko
- Change is the only constant, by Bob Byrne
- SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud available in SAP Cloud ALM, by Lisa Kouch
- RISE with SAP: SAP Activate Methodology for with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, by Adnette Kamugisha
- SAP Activate for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Translation Coverage Expanded, by Kevin Doran
Run simple – SAP Activate – Accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
- SAP Activate Community Tag here
Follow us via SAP Activate Community Tag here and #SAPS4HANAValueSeries