Concento RDG automates many technical steps for MDG Data Model extension
Concento™ Rapid Data Governance (RDG) empowers organizations to adopt a modern, agile approach to MDG implementation. Business analysts can perform real-time prototyping and solution development in plain sight without specialized technical knowledge. It offers an intuitive user-friendly interface for data model maintenance, workflow design, business rule creation and others.
Traditionally, MDG Data Model Extension is considered a highly technical task. For example, SAP provided a step by step approach on how to extend an attribute to data model (BP) with this guide:
These steps include:
- Creating the custom data domain & element
- Creating the attribute on the data model
- Activating the data model
- Generating staging & mapping structure.
It involves multiple transactions and steps to complete the extension. For example:
On Concento RDG, you can accomplish the extension with a wizard-based guide on a visualized view of the data model. The Following example is based from the above-mentioned SAP guide to extend Document Type (ZE_DOKAR) as an attribute under Entity FKKVKP for the BP Data Model.
Step 1: Search for entity to which you need to extend from the data model
Step 2: Follow the wizard to create & insert the attribute
- Click Insert to create the data element & domain
- You can see that the new data element & domain have been created successfully on MDG system.
- Element has been inserted under entity FKKVKP.
Step 3: Check and Activate Data Model
Upon Activation, the attribute is now added to the staging and mapping structures automatically!
Please also check out more details about the product from other blogs: