Experiments with ABAP Platform 1909 Developer Edition gCTS and AbapGit on locally hostet Gitea-Server
With ABAP Platform 1909 Developer Edition I started to try out gCTS compared to AbapGit. But my plan is to build an automation toolchain on my local computer to simulate how to use in a business context.
So after getting Abap platform 1909 running very easily (after upgrading my RAM 😛 ) I wantet my own local “mini” Git-Server. I decided very quickly to use Gitea. It’s really lightweight and easy to install with Docker. Also the user interface is almost similar to GitHub.
Install Gitea with Docker-Compose-File
version: '2' services: web: image: gitea/gitea:1.12.4 volumes: - ./data:/data ports: - "3000:3000" - "22:22" depends_on: - db restart: always db: image: mariadb:10 restart: always environment: - MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=changeme - MYSQL_DATABASE=gitea - MYSQL_USER=gitea - MYSQL_PASSWORD=changeme volumes: - ./db/:/var/lib/mysql
After running docker-compose up -d I had my Gitea-Instance running on http://localhost:3000/ .
For my first Test with AbapGit I created a repository Test_A4H_AbapGit.
Now I can clone the repo link http://localhost:3000/sascha/Test_A4H_AbapGit.git and use it with AbapGit. But because you communicate between two running containers you have to change to http://172.17.0.1:3000/sascha/Test_A4H_AbapGit.git
After that I started ZABAPGIT and cloned the Gitea repo.
So to try everything works I created a simple Report and pushed it to the remote master branch. After entering my credentials the push was finally complete.
But I also want to try scenarios with gCTS so I did the same procedure with gCTS which is almost completely preconfigured on ABAP Platform 1909 Dev Edition. I only had to start Fiori Launchpad.
After starting gCTS you have to enable gCTS with some pre-configured steps. Then I created my first gCTS-project. (Of course, I first created a corresponding repository on Gitea)
Then I I cloned the repository first. Before pushing a manual selected object to test I added my credentials. Before I did that, I had some nondescript pushing errors. You do this in the configuration tab with the parameters CLIENT_VCS_AUTH_USER and CLIENT_VCS_AUTH_PWD.
After that you can select an object under the objects tab to try.
Finally Push 🙂
I already run a Jenkins CX instance under Docker to use Project Piper. I’ll take a look at that next and try to connect it to Gitea. Another small step towards my own local and small automation toolchain… 😉