SAP Profitability and Performance Management: Query function with Input enable feature
SAP Profitability and Performance Management has launched SP11 quite some time. With upgrade of this SP11 there are many functionalities which got introduced. I am explaining here Query function enhancement.
Query function has introduced new option to have “Query Editable->Yes”. If the query source Selected “Environment CDS”.
This is a very useful feature for users to enable data changes for their PaPM requirements.
A typical use case could be adjustment of driver data which is locally maintained in PaPM Environment.
System Landscape: SAP PaPM
Solution: Let’s Consider we have a model table function to capture driver data for expenses. As shown below.
We need to have functionality for users to change the driver values for specific entity and cost center.
This we will achieve from Below Query Function configuration
- Select Query Source as “Environment CDS”
3. Configure Row and Column fields for Query. Now for key figure value enable Editable as “YES”
Now save the query and execute the query.
4. It shows the edit button available in query analysis
5. By clicking on Edit button, it gives an opportunity to edit driver data.
6. We can create new line of data also. By using “New Line” option.
7. Next step is to save the adjusted or new data
Now If we see the Driver data table for Expense. It has updated with the new data provided by users.
This is a very good functionality. It provide users a very useful and quick interface to adjust the input or add new data and apply it on further calculations.
This is all in this blog.
In the next blog I’ll try to cover integration of this query function with SAP Analytics cloud.
Thanks & Regards,