SAP Document and Reporting Compliance for Peppol e-Invoices Singapore – Part 2
Updated: June 2023
All you need to know about the electronic invoices with Peppol network in Singapore (InvoiceNow).
Continue from SAP Document and Reporting Compliance for Peppol e-Invoices Singapore – Part 1 – Introduction & journey of Peppol e-Invoices in Singapore.
SAP Solution for Peppol e-Invoices/ InvoiceNow in Singapore
SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, cloud edition (formerly SAP Document Compliance) is SaaS solution that provides Peppol access point services to senders and receivers of electronic documents using the Peppol eDelivery Network. It also enables you to exchange invoices and related documents in electronic form with authorities and business partners.
SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, cloud edition is localized with Singapore Peppol UBL and available on the following SAP S/4HANA and SAP ECC versions:-
- SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud Edition
- SAP S/4HANA On-premise: 1709 FPS07, 1809 FPS05, 1909 FPS03 and 2020 onward
- SAP ECC: EHP6 SP27, EHP6 for SAP HANA SP15, EHP7 SP21 and EHP8 SP15
If you do not upgrade SPs regularly in your system, you can refer to SAP Note 2170013 for a preliminary version of the most important system documentation.
The scope of Peppol e-Invoices for Singapore includes with:-
Outgoing electronic documents:
- Customer Invoices created in SAP systems i.e. Standard SD Billing document & FI Invoice (accounting document).
- Customer Invoices created in other systems – import/upload XML file created in other system.
- Purchase Orders (eOrdering) New
- Invoice response (Planned to be available Oct 2023)
Incoming electronic documents:
- Supplier Invoices
- For supplier invoices, SAP Document Compliance, cloud edition receives the invoice from sender access providers and stores the invoices in eDocument cockpits only. eInvoice (in XML format) can be viewed in Readable format (html).
- To automatically post accounting entries of the incoming e-Invoice in SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA On-premise, additional solution of SAP Invoice Management by OpenText is required.
- Incoming Purchase order (eOrdering) New
- Invoice response (Planned to be available Oct 2023)
Application Job Scheduling to send/receive e-Invoices automatically
Extensibilities such as Additional fields mapping and attachment file using Cloud BADI or BADI
Singapore localization (InvoiceNow):
- Singapore Peppol UBL
- Singapore Tax Authority – IRAS Tax Category mapping
- GSTN and UEN mapping
- SWIFT code instead of IBAN / Payment Mean Codes
- Support Business Scenario such as Customer Accounting for Prescribed goods, Down Payment, Factoring Invoice
- Support Accounting General Department (AGD) requirements.
- See SAP Note 3063787 – eDocument Singapore: Configuration and Customizing for E-invoice Submission to Singapore Government Agencies
- On 24 February 2023, the Senior Minister of State, Mr. Chee Hong Tat, announced that within the next few years, InvoiceNow will become the default e-invoice submission channel for all Government vendors.
Refer to IMDA Peppol Technical Playbook for more detail of Singapore’s requirements.
How to implement SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, cloud edition in Singapore
The complexity of implementation depends on how many companies, business processes involved like outgoing/incoming, FI only or SD & MM invoices also included, how many customizing fields in invoices that are not standard which required additional mapping, does SAP Invoice management by opentext (VIM) integration to automate incoming invoice posting include in the scope? In general, the project time-line is about 8-14 weeks.
The followings are SAP main notes for Singapore Peppol eInvoices.
Below are list of SAP Help Documents as Guidance for implementing SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, cloud edition.
Application Component “CA-GTF-CSC-EDO-SG”.
Integration with SAP Invoice Management by Opentext
The integration is only support on SAP S/4HANA On-premise and SAP ECC. The integration was tested in Oct 2020. Singapore e-Invoices were successfully posted into both FI and MM transactions in SAP. There are known issues or additional steps required as follow:
Note: the status of a known issue can be inquired by opening a support incident for component XX-PART-OPT-INV and mentioning the reference in the form VIMI-[TEXT].
- Company code cannot be mapped automatically for Non-Purchase Order invoices.
The standard mapping is using VAT ID, which cannot be entered for Singapore in master data. OpenText is working on alternative mapping logic (reference VIMI-26819). For Purchase Order based invoices, company code is derived from the Purchase Order, provided the purchase order is delivered in the XML. For Non-Purchase Order invoices, a short term solution can be a hardcoded company code in the mapping, or a project specific extension.
- Vendor number mapping
To be able map the supplier automatically, the Singapore tax ID number must be additionally entered in the “VAT ID” field in vendor master data. OpenText is working on alternative mapping logic (reference VIMI-26819). For Purchase Order based invoices, vendor is derived from the purchase order, provided the purchase order is delivered in the XML.
- Unit of measure mapping
The provided standard mapping is not able to map line item UoM. OpenText is working on a correction (reference VIMI-26767). A temporary workaround is to enter the following mapping in the table /OPT/XML_MAPV:
Root node: Invoice
Serial number: 0075 (assign a new unique number)
External field: Invoice-InvoiceLine-InvoicedQuantity-Code
Field type: Item
Semantic name: Invoicedquantityunitofmeasure
For non-Purchase Order e-Invoices, Opentext plans to implement a module to use the company code and vendor provided by eDocument framework.
Also check SAP Notes 2339256 – SAP Invoice Management by OpenText support for SAP products.
This blog is intended to provide Customers and Partners the guide or where to start of how to implement SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, cloud edition for Singapore Peppol e-Invoices (InvoiceNow).
See also SAP Document and Reporting Compliance for Peppol e-Invoices Singapore – Part 1 for introduction & journey of Peppol e-Invoices in Singapore.
Please share your feedback and thoughts in a comment. If you have questions about SAP Document and Reporting Compliance, you can post your question here.