Easing the access to the information you need….
Over the past few years, we received a lot of feedback from our customers and partners, most of them stating that they were very happy with the rich content about SAP Master Data Governance that was provided on our SAP Community Topic Page. And this was not only about the how-to guides and other deep-dive technical documents that could be accessed from this page, which we had expected in the beginning. With new members in the community also the perspective broadened, and expectations became more diverse.
The former layout:
In an attempt to step inside the shoes of an external visitor and rather take an outside-in perspective, I felt that the page is packed with information, which is good. But on the other hand, I felt that is was hard to tell getting started information and basic knowledge content from deep-dive technical information due to the plethora of assets being accessible from the page.
In short, it was time for revamp and refresh it to make it easier to consume with a better look and feel and without any loss of information. SAP Community provided the appropriate template to go about it: Our intention was to lay out the content in a way that both newcomers and proven subject matter experts always know where to look to have what they need at their fingertips.
The cleansing focus was:
- Increase awareness of recent and upcoming events
- Focus the “Featured Content” section on really topical information
- Provide getting started information in a comprehensive set of assets
- Make deep-dive technical information and other supportive documents easier to find
Important technical enhancements include for example:
- An easy way to follow the SAP Master Data Governance tag
- Clearly laid-out search box to search the dynamic community content of SAP Master Data Governance (Q&A, blog posts) according to the entered search term
- Differentiation between Topic Resources and dynamic Community Content (Q&A and blog posts) by separate tap strips and introduction of individual tab strips for writing questions and blogs (see the highlighted boxes below)
The new layout:
Check out the newly designed SAP Community Page for SAP Master Data Governance and let us know what you think. Thanks to the SAP Community team for providing the template.