How to Provide Machine Translation Feedback for SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles
Since 2018, automatic translations have been available at the click of a button for SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles (KBAs).
With 10 languages available and almost 80,000 machine translations generated on-the-fly every month, our machine translation service powered by SAP Translation Hub is really helping to break down language barriers.
To help us understand where our machine translations are working well and where we need to improve, we’ve made it much easier for you to provide machine translation feedback thanks to Qualtrics.
First, generate an SAP Note or KBA machine translation as follows:
- Open an SAP Note or SAP Knowledge Base Article in SAP ONE Support Launchpad.
- Choose the Languages tab and select your preferred machine translation language.
- The machine translation opens in a new browser window.
Then, to provide feedback:
- On the machine translation display, click the linked text inviting you to provide feedback.
- A simple Qualtrics survey opens in the relevant target language and you are invited to rate how helpful the machine translation was and enter any additional comments.
- Click submit to send the feedback and you’ll see a thank you message and a link to find out more about SAP Translation Hub, which powers the machine translations provided for SAP Notes and KBAs.
Also check out our how-to demo video below to see the end-to-end process in action:
After you’ve submitted your feedback, we review it and take the necessary actions to improve the quality of our machine translations for SAP Notes and KBAs.
The more feedback we receive, the more information we have to improve the service.
So, if you use SAP Note and KBA machine translations, let us know what you think and support us in improving SAP’s machine translations!