Quarterly Round-up of SAP Code Samples
Explore a treasure trove of samples
There are discoveries to be made in the SAP Samples organization on GitHub.com. The site is full of useful snippets and scripts, tools and utilities, sample applications, as well as resources that support developer tutorials, virtual events, and even academic publications.
The wealth of goods here is surprising. Until I took over the publication pipeline for this channel, I was hardly aware of the variety of topics covered or the versatility of resources – some quickly solve a common customer issue, while others methodically demonstrate and educate a user on the benefit of some particular software feature. It’s personally rewarding to reveal the nuggets of wisdom that are bundled into GitHub repositories; they could be the missing link that helps you finish a project, or a golden learning opportunity that inspires you to start your next one.
Here’s where to find the goods
There’s a gallery of popular samples in the community, and some repositories surface on context-appropriate community and developer topic pages. To further help promote their discovery, I’ve compiled a list of recently published samples for community members to look through in hopes that others will find a gem.
Following is the list of sample repositories published in the first three months of this year, along with the main contributors behind them (if I missed anyone, let me know in the comments). We have extensibility options for SAP Ariba, showcases on SAP BTP, how to develop on the SAP Launchpad service, and much more.
If none catch your eye, search the repositories directly on GitHub.com/SAP-samples.
Samples Published in Q1, 2021
- BTP Batch Administration – Andrew Lunde
- Building CI CD Pipelines for Kyma Runtime Extensions and Applications – Guarav Abbi
- Collaboration in Business Context: SAP Workflow Service and Microsoft Teams – Yatsea Li
- Developing a Shell Plugin for SAP Fiori Launchpad Service on SAP BTP, Cloud Foundry Environment with SAP Business Application Studio – Aviad Rivlin, Soeren Holst
- Hands-on Tutorial: Manage and Deploy Machine Learning Models in Kubernetes with SAP BTP, Kyma Runtime – Yannick Schaper
- Mahlwerk: Cloud Mobile End-to-End Sample – Sandeep TDS, Pradyumn Upadhyay
- NodeJS Integration with ABAP/HANA Systems via SAP NetWeaver RFC Protocol – Srdjan Boskovic
- SAP Ariba Extensibility Samples – Antonio Maradiaga
- SAP BTP Showcase: Access SAP HANA Cloud Database Underneath SAP Data Warehouse Cloud – Christiano Hage
- SAP BTP Showcase: Run Future Sales Prediction using SAP HANA Cloud Machine Learning Algorithms – Christiano Hage
- SAP Graph Sample Model Pack – Ralf Handl, Martin Sprengel
- SAP HANA Cloud ML Challenges – Yannick Schaper
- SAP HANA Cloud Workshop Repository: Creating Database Objects in SAP HANA Cloud with SAP Business Application Studio – Volker Saggau, Christopher Kollhead
- SAP HANA Import CSV Files from Oracle – Mark Greynolds
- SAP Identity Management – Business Extensions Service – Rene Feister, Gunnar Kosche, Norman Nürnberger,
- SAP Sales Cloud Extension – Former Member
- SAP Tech Bytes – SAP Developer Advocates team
- SQL Anywhere Telegram Bot – Artemy Gevorkov
Thanks to all these contributors!
Don’t forget: Follow tags in your areas of interest and you’ll learn of new repositories in your activity stream.
Introducing SAP Samples Spotlight
We’ve started a series of videos to highlight some of the most popular and useful projects in the SAP Samples org. In these short segments, DJ Adams walks through the inner workings of a repository with its creator.
In episode 1, Antonio Maradiaga, an integration developer with the SAP Ariba Procurement Delivery Center, talks about the aforementioned ariba-extensibility-samples repo.
In episode 2 we speak to Christian Georgi, a product owner for SAP Cloud Application Programming Model, about the cloud-cap-samples repo.
Go behind the scenes on the first two episodes, then check the SAP Developers YouTube channel in early May for episode 3 when we focus on UI5.