Common Issues with Solutions for apps Manage RFQs and Manage Supplier Quotations
In this article, we will look at some of the issues that could arise while working with the apps Manage RFQs and Manage Supplier Quotations. Below is a quick summary of the common bottlenecks that come in the way of your app experience, and the simple ways to solve them.
- Issue in SAP S/4 HANA: The system fails to create an Info Record, though the indicator for Info Record update was set in place.
- Use transaction SE38
- Run the report FOLLOW_ON_FROM_QUOTATION. This report creates and updates Info Record, by running the background job SAP_MM_PUR_FOLLDOC_FROM_QTN.
- Issue in SAP S/4 HANA: Info record is not updated from Request for Quotation, due to tax code conflict.
Solution: This arises from an error in tax code customization and can be solved by re-adjusting the OLME customizing entry. To do this, follow the below steps:
- Use transaction OLME
- Execute the activity titled “Define screen layout” in Purchasing Info Record
- Choose the field ME11
- Choose the field Conditions
- Set the input tax code as required entry
- Issue in SAP S/4 HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud : System fails to trigger the automatic creation of purchase order (PO).
Solution: This incident arises owing to the different ways in which the awarding scenarios are customized, depending on whether the request is for external sourcing or external price.
Here’s how: external sourcing request is customized for external awarding. This implies that the awarding happens in the external system. Therefore, for quotations involving such requests, the awarding takes place in the external system, while the follow-on documents are created in the connected systems.
The external price request is customized for internal awarding. Hence, the awarding happens within the SAP S/4HANA or SAP S/4HANA Cloud environment. The creation of follow-on documents requires to be performed manually.
- Issue in SAP S/4 HANA: The app Manage Supplier Quotations displays an error during currency conversion.
- Use transaction SE38
- Execute the confirmation program EWUCONFM
- In the table EWUKEYS, confirm that you have made the prerequisite EURO customizing entries
This will generate the missing entry in table EWUKEYS and should fix the error.
- Issue in SAP S/4 HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud : The Fiori application does not offer optimum performance in Internet Explorer.
Solution: SAP recommends the use of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to execute Fiori apps.
Remember, the above list is only intended to help you traverse the common roadblocks that you may encounter with the apps being discussed. Feel free to give your feedback or ask questions in the comments section below.
Additionally, you can write to, or post your questions in the forum:
Ask a Question | SAP Community.
For more information about Manage RFQs and Manage Supplier Quotations, look up: Manage RFQs – SAP Help Portal and Manage Supplier Quotations – SAP Help Portal respectively.
Also read: Common Issues with Solutions for Manage RFQs app | SAP Blogs
Hi..Documents that get created in Gui cannot be viewed in Fiori. And documents that are created in Fiori cannot be viewed in Gui.
Thanks Reema for this nice post.
A question about the first issue about PIRs not updating automatically.
I am facing similar issue in my system. And even though job SAP_MM_PUR_FOLLDOC_FROM_QTN is running every second 5 mins in the system, it is not creating/updating PIRs. Is there a permanent fix for this so that there is no need to run FOLLOW_ON_FROM_QUOTATION manually? I would hate to schedule another batch job for FOLLOW_ON_FROM_QUOTATION.
Dear Reema Jose,
Can you help me?As is show in the picture,it suggested these when i run the report FOLLOW_ON_FROM_QUOTATION.What should i do.
I had same issue and implementing note 3074055 solved the problem.