Ariba Network 2Q21 Release; Update for Suppliers
With the SAP Ariba 2105 release, planned May 21st, Ariba Network will be part of SAP Business Network. Below is a short summary of what network suppliers need to know about upcoming changes.
A new supplier portal and login page with SAP Business Network
A new supplier portal and workbench is already being rolled out to select Ariba Network suppliers via an Early Adopter program since last year. Starting May 21st, this Early Adopter program will convert into a global rollout to all Ariba Network suppliers, and Ariba Network becomes part of SAP Business Network.
- All suppliers will see the SAP Business Network solution name on the Ariba Network supplier login page (www.supplier.ariba.com).
- Supplier with access to the new portal will see SAP Business Network instead of Ariba Network (or Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration) on the portal home page and workbench. Other network experiences, like order confirmation, invoice creation, network configuration, and HelpCenter pages, as well as email notifications, will not see a change and keep Ariba Network as solution name.
- And those network suppliers that receive trading relationship requests (TRR) from new customers will also notice a new onboarding experience, with the SAP Business Network name on a clearer, buyer-branded email invitation, as well as improved onboarding and account registration pages.
Why SAP Business Network
SAP’s network strategy is to unify our existing networks (SAP Ariba Network, SAP Logistics Business Network, SAP Asset Intelligence Network, ..) by providing a common onboarding service, common trading partner directory, unified login site and trading partner portal, with cross network collaboration flows and analytics. These capabilities will be provided as SAP Business Network, and Ariba Network will be the first network to be part of SAP Business Network. Read more about the various network use cases on the product page.
As a supplier this means that you will become part of the SAP global trading partner directory, accessible soon by all SAP networks and network-aware applications, across all of SAP’s customer base.
What doesn’t change for suppliers
The solution name change to SAP Business Network does not impact your supplier account ANID, transaction documents, or notification, routing, linked user or other account configurations. You can continue using your Ariba Network login credentials on SAP Business Network. Learn more in this FAQ
Further information on new supplier portal rollout
The supplier portal introduces new capabilities that help suppliers find, filter and get to their important documents more efficiently. Key changes include:
- a configurable home page, with a tile overview bar that provides immediate visibility to network documents available for action, and enabling you to customize a My widgets section with trends, insights, leads, and opportunities relevant for your role,
- a more intuitive menu structure, replacing “inbox/outbox” with orders, invoices, and fulfillment, providing access to the familiar document search filters,
- a new highly configurable workbench, enabling you to configure up to 25 tiles and worklists with their own name, document filter criteria, and table layout,
- and an overall modernized look and feel.
This personalized experience means that that users can order their tasks and get to them faster, whether it be processing orders, creating and sending invoices, or responding to new business opportunities.
Suppliers that do not yet have access to the new supplier portal will receive notifications to their administrator accounts in coming weeks, recommending users to review the short videos on the supplier self-enablement page to learn what’s new ahead of time.
Previews of naming changes from Ariba Network to SAP Business Network
The naming changes will be visible to all enterprise and standard account types.