In this blog, I will discuss about the expert purchase requisition mode activation and ordering the purchase requisition from the central hub system for central requisition scenario.
What is expert Purchase Requisition in SAP S/4 HANA Central Procurement hub?
In SAP S/4 HANA Central procurement hub system, users are allowed to create a purchase requisition in expert mode with the flexibility of choosing the document type coming directly from connected system based on the user default setting maintained for expert mode activation, Selecting these expert mode purchasing requisition in the hub system navigates the employee to the connected system where they can view and edit them, this functionality is mainly used in shared services business scenario where the employee users are directly allowed to modify the backend purchase requisition created in the hub system, In this blog we could discuss more details on how to order or activate expert mode
- Expert mode order
- Expert mode activation
Expert Mode Order:
Steps for ordering the purchase requisition Ordering in expert mode:
- User adds the items to Shopping cart
- When the expert mode is active and the user click on order, users are prompted with additional pop-up to decide on proceeding with the order in expert mode
- On selection of yes, Users are provided with two options “Order” / “Order in Expert mode”
- On Click of “Order in expert” mode users are prompted with the pop up which allows the selection of purchasing document type directly from the connected system.
- On the pop up window “order confirmed” the purchase requisition created in the expert mode and the purchase requisition in the connected system with the hyperlink will get generated successfully and on the click of the purchase requisition number created in the expert mode user is navigated to the fact sheet in the hub itself.
- On click on purchase requisition number in the connected system, user is allowed to navigate to the connected system purchase requisition which is displayed in transaction ME53N and then user is allowed to edit the purchase requisition in connected system.
Flexible workflow configurations are skipped for expert purchase requisition and hence the expert purchase requisition will not be considered for approval/ rejection process in the hub system once the expert purchase requisition is ordered successfully
Expert mode activation:
For expert mode functionality to be enabled, central requisition scenario must be activated in the central procurement and Expert mode must be enabled for the employee in the Default setting for user App.
Steps to enable the expert mode for the users:
- Login to the system with Expert user: BPC_EXPERT or the user having the role SAP_BR_BPC_EXPERT assigned.
- Search for the App: Default setting for the user- Purchase Requisition which is listed as part of group User Defaults for Purchasing
- Launch the App and search for the employee user which require user default assignment and select the central procurement company code which has connected system ID linked
- On selection of company code which has connected system ID linked is selected, we could notice the “Expert mode” field is enabled and we have a option to check / uncheck the expert mode
- Check the expert mode option and we could see additional field for selecting the “Purchasing doc. type of connected system” is visible and avaible for selection of purchasing documents types directly from the connected system.
Expert mode helps employee users to create purchase requisition in expert mode with the flexibility of choosing the document type coming directly from connected system based on the user default setting maintained for expert mode activation and also selecting these expert mode purchasing requisition in the hub system navigates the employee to the connected system where they can view and edit them.
All views expressed in this blog are my own, it may also subject to change