Hey CPI Enthusiasts,
Based on my experience, here are a couple of questions from my memory lane, which all the interviewers ask, and if you are applying for a CPI Role, then make sure, you know these concepts, have tried and tested them before you apply for the job.
This is not a cheat code, but a guide for you to prepare, and update your knowledge on the mentioned areas. So, here we go.
- Why use CPI?
- On what framework is CPI based?
- How to connect Cloud Platform Integration and On-premise system?
- What are the different connectors available to connect Cloud Platform Integration and On-premise system?
- What are the steps to configure Cloud Connector?
- What necessary configuration is required for onboarding Cloud Platform Cockpit or BTP Cockpit?
- What are the necessary platform roles that have to be provided to a member in the Cloud Platform Cockpit or BTP Cockpit so that the member or user can work as a developer in Cloud Integration?
- What is the difference between Neo and Cloud Foundry?
- How to do error analysis?
- What if a message transmission is not replicable, and hence, no trace mode, then, how will you do error analysis?
- What is the difference between Content Modifier and Content Enricher?
- What is the difference between Content Enricher and Request-Reply?
- What is the difference between Header and Property in Content Modifier?
- What is the difference between Aggregator and Gather?
- What is the difference between Gather and Join?
- What are the different types of Splitter types?
- What is the difference between General and Iterating Splitter?
- What are the different types of Aggregation Strategies available?
- How to handle exceptions in an IFlow?
- What is the difference between Value Mapping and Fixed Value Mapping?
- Why Value Mapping was provided by SAP when Fixed Value Mapping does the same job?
- What are the different Node Functions available?
- What is the difference between removeContext, and collapseContext?
- How does splitByValue work?
- How will Gather know that the last split message has reached?
- What are the different Processing Statuses available?
- What are some of the features of Apache Camel?
- What are the different management nodes available in Cloud Integration aka CPI?
- In which node are the IFlows deployed?
- Where are the certificates installed in Cloud Integration?
- What are some of the new features provided by SAP in the new release?
- What are the different adapters you have worked on?
- What does the Process Direct adapter do?
- Does CPI support Multi-tenant-architecture? If yes, then how does it work?
- What are the different ways in which an Integration Flow can be migrated from one tenant to another?
- What are the different scriptings possible in Cloud Integration?
- What are the different types of Mapping possible in Cloud Integration?
- What message formats can Cloud Integration read?
- Does Message Mapping support JSON format? If not, how to handle an incoming JSON format in the Message Mapping step?
- When does a message go to “Discarded status”?
- When does a message go to “Processing status”?
- What are the steps to configure an IDOC for Outbound Communication?
- Is the “Cloud Connector Admin” role mandatory for onboarding Cloud Integration?
- If you have more than 2 tenants in the BTP Cockpit, are the member to be added to both the tenants separately?
- Which role must be assigned to the user in the BTP Cockpit who wants to perform Basic Authentication for the HTTPS Inbound scenario for SAP Cloud Integration?
- State some of the Authorization Groups available in the BTP Cockpit.
I will keep updating this blog as and when I recall the questions. Feel free to add your interview questions in the comment section, so that I incorporate them in the blog.
Till then, Have a Happy Interview!