Leading organizations Combine the Power of SAP S/4 HANA and Data Warehousing
Leading organizations Combine the Power of SAP S/4 HANA and SAP Data Warehousing
Data is your most valuable asset.
But without simple data access and a unified analytics platform, it’s hard to take advantage of everything your data has to offer.
SAP S/4HANA gives you built-in intelligent technologies, such as AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics. However, in order to harmonize data between SAP and third-party systems, help ensure data consistency, and easy data access across all lines of business (LoBs) and applications, you need the right analytics platform.
SAP offers a number of data warehousing solutions that let you address your analytics use cases flexibly – on premises, in the cloud, or using a hybrid approach.
- The SAP HANA for SQL data warehousing enables agile, model-driven developments that can be managed using your IT team’s existing database skills. It also enables virtual access or replication of your data from the cloud or on-premises systems and from SAP S/4HANA.
- The SAP BW/4HANA solution is a powerful, prepackaged data warehouse application that fully integrates with and is optimized for SAP S/4HANA and other SAP data sources. It provides data and business analysts with rapid set-up and simplified modeling to support complex business rules and large data volumes.
- With software as a service (SaaS) solutions becoming more common, business users expect applications that are intuitive, simple, and provide immediate value. They expect to be able to connect to data, get answers quickly, and share that insight without delay. To meet this need, SAP has taken data analytics to the cloud with the SAP Data Warehouse Cloud solution – a fully-managed data warehouse as a service in the cloud.
Whether you’re already using SAP HANA for SQL data warehousing, SAP BW/4HANA, or are starting from scratch, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud unites all your SAP and third-party data sources in one solution – providing consistency across the data value chain. See the figure below.
Figure 1: Data Warehousing Options for SAP S/4HANA (Source: SAP)
Not only does this unified data landscape eliminate silos, it also minimizes data copies, enables model consolidation, and simplifies data lifecycle management and governance. SAP ABAP connectors allow you to quickly access your SAP S/4HANA system, so you can build models and reports fast. Also the SAP HANA Adapter allows you to link to your existing data warehouse quickly and securely – extending your on-premises use cases and creating completely new use cases for the cloud.
Our virtual work environments known as “Spaces” let IT teams quickly set up connections, assign user roles, and adjust compute and storage resources as needed. Business users can also use Spaces to connect data sources, model data, and collaborate on the same data with their colleagues. The outcome: Your business teams are empowered, your data is secure, and your IT team has more time to focus on new value-adding tasks.
Because it is designed for business users as well as data specialists, SAP Data Warehouse Cloud addresses your data warehouse use cases while also providing self-service modeling and analytics. This allows users to directly leverage data in their day-to-day work – without constantly relying on IT. With SAP Data Warehouse Cloud, your business users work in a governed, secure, user-friendly data and analytics environment. They can combine operational data with LoB-specific data to answer any question that might come up – then get the insight they need immediately and share those findings with others.
For some real-world examples, find out how:
- Biotech company Idorsia is using SAP Data Warehouse Cloud to let employees explore data on their own, while providing IT with agile control over all data sources, connections, user access and authorizations, and storage and computing resources. Read the full story.
- Wind turbine manufacturer Vestas Wind Systems A/S is extending its on-premises business warehouse with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud – resulting in faster data access and business analyses that save significant time for business users and IT. Read the full story.
- Luxury auto maker Porsche AG is extending SAP BW/4HANA with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud to cost-effectively bring data-driven capabilities beyond sales dealerships to the rest of the organization. Read the full story.
SAP and partners offer an array of prebuilt business content and implementation models for SAP and third-party data sources that make implementing SAP Data Warehouse Cloud quick, easy and cost-effective – helping ensure you have the right business content for your industry or LoB. And, because it’s a SaaS offering, investing in SAP Data Warehouse Cloud has minimal up-front costs. So, you only pay a monthly subscription based on what you need.
It’s time to unify your data and empower your business users with deep, self-service data insight that lets them make better and faster decisions.
See how you can turn your data into valuable insight instantly with SAP Data Warehouse Cloud. You can learn more about it here and try it for free online. Visit the SAP S/4HANA community and learn more.
I hope you find the information helpful. Please share your feedback and let us know how we can help you become a data-driven enterprise.