SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FP0 Installation with HANA 2.0 Database- Part 3- BART Server installation
This is the third article, I am publishing on the subject of installing SAP Convergent Charging 2020. In part 1 and 2, I have explained the technical details and the Core server installation. In this blog post, I will be explaining the steps to install BART server.
I have shared the links for part 1 and 2 in reference. Please check those before reading this article.
BART Server can be deployed on:
- Existing host that already contains other CC services like Core server
- New host which is dedicated for BART server
- Install HANA DB and create a BART DB admin user with below roles and privileges to connect. I took the name of the user as BART. You can select a different user name.
- Create a service user in Core server and assign below roles. Also assign the security profile as a service user. Again I took the user name as BART. You can create a user with different name.
BART System details:-
- BART SID : ABB
- Run SWPM -> SAP Convergent Charging -> Install -> Standard System Installation -> BART Serve
- Select SID and Mount point
- Provide master password
- Select the database/host and update the admin user created in db.
- Provide CA and SLD details if already setup. You can skip if not already setup.
- Select the security mode for communication.
- Select BART server settings
- Select the encryption level for the connection to Core server
- Enter the connection parameters for Core server
Login to BART Server
- Create a user in Core server with a role Batch Rating Administrator
- Go to /usr/sap/bart_tool/bart_tool/bin
- Run ./bart_tool.sh with <sid>adm user
SAP MC status
- Completed the BART server installation for CC 2020 with HANA 2.0 database.
- I will be sharing another blog post of various tools and their usage available in convergent charging.
- CC can be integrated to S4HANA for rating and charging.
- You can use convergent Mediation system to collect the raw data from various sources. Mediation then process those and transform it in to CC readable format.
- All the images used in this article are taken from the POC project by running sap SWPM tool.
- SAP installation document: https://help.sap.com/doc/feb35a826117431fba7b6c87af8c1686/2020.0/en-US/Installation_and_Maintenance_Guide.pdf
- Part 1 : SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FP0 Installation with HANA 2.0 Database- Part 1- Overview | SAP Blogs
- Part 2 : SAP Convergent Charging 2020 FP0 Installation with HANA 2.0 Database- Part 2- Core Server installation | SAP Blogs