What’s New in the latest SAP Activate for the SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation roadmap.
- New accelerator E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Promoted the procedure note to step six in the procedure of task Create Cutover Plan and Documentation. Changed the cutover schedule review window to greater than 4 weeks.
- Renamed accelerator AI Master List to GTM Use Cases.xlsx in task Create Initial Artificial Intelligence List and others.
- Updated Execute Transport Sprint task procedure notes with reference to the limitation of activities due to system locks in transports. See SAP Note 3024158 (Blue-Green Deployment for Hotfix Collection for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud). Central Business Configuration task Execute Transport Sprints in SAP Central Business Configuration also updated.
- Updated the procedure in task Create Users in the Starter System by consolidating both Central Business Configuration and MyS procedures. Added a new accelerator link that contains both instructions. Similar changes made to Create Users in the Quality System and Create Users in the Production System. Removed accelerator, see SAP Note 2974809 (User Onboarding for SAP S/4HANA Cloud).
- Improved the description and procedure in data management task Load Data into the Staging Tables of SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit.
- Refined the procedures related to SAP Central Business Configuration in tasks Set Up Starter Project in SAP Central Business Configuration, Request and Initial Configuration of the Quality System in SAP Central Business Configuration, and Create Preset Configuration User in the Quality System.
- Renamed task Receive Starter System and Reset Password: Access Starter System and Reset Password.
- Added a procedure step #7 to task Configure Identity and Access Management in the Q-System.
- Add a new task Create Self-Enablement Plan under deliverable Customer Team Self-Enablement to facilitate learning.
- Removed deliverable End User Learning Strategy. Added new enablement related deliverables and associated tasks to the Prepare phase. The deliverables are: Enablement Assessment, Enablement Strategy, Learning Needs Analysis for Users, and Content Development Tool Deployment.
- Removed deliverable Learning Team and related tasks from the Explore phase.
- Removed deliverable Learning Content. Added deliverables and associated tasks to the Realize phase. The deliverables are: Enablement Content Development, Enablement Delivery.
- Removed deliverable Continuous Learning. Added deliverable User Experience Management Tool Deployment and associated tasks to the Run phase.
For a complete list of improvements, please see the updates for SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Release Notes Blog for March 22, 2021.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
- Follow the SAP Activate tag here
Follow us via @SAP and #SAPS4HANAValueSeries , or myself via Bob Byrne