Innovating and Building Success with SAP Business Technology Platform
Disruption seems to be the new norm with 2020 setting new thresholds for change, disorder, and turbulence, stemming mostly from Covid 19 but also climate change and political dynamics. Industries across the board were impacted from services such as healthcare and retail, to supply chain, engineering, construction, and manufacturing.
The new levels of disruption created increased demand from organizations for agility, turning to SAP and our partners for applications and solutions that were more connected, responsive, and insight-driven – solutions that enabled organizations to rapidly react to market changes.
Through SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP), and with our partners in-hand, we can deliver the integration, extensibility, and connectivity customers are looking for – composing end-to-end business processes with one seamless experience, providing customers with the innovations that make them more responsive.
SAP BTP is a unified platform that provides the flexibility to connect to and extend a broad set of SAP and non-SAP technologies, data, and processes – helping partners simplify development and systems across hybrid architectures. It includes:
- A data management layer
- An analytics and business planning layer
- A suite of application development and integration services
- And single Intelligent technology and artificial intelligence layer
Partners are using SAP BTP to connect and innovate around core business processes, and SAP is in a unique position to help with 77% of the world’s transactions touching an SAP solution. Because of that reach, when partners build on, extend, or enhance SAP technology, they’re connecting to business processes and data domains that are critical to the customer’s business.
Two key capabilities within SAP BTP that enable partners to connect and extend solutions are SAP Integration Suite and SAP Extension Suite.
- SAP Integration Suite enables you to bridge disconnected systems and processes across heterogeneous landscapes. – resulting in consistent, connected, and insight-driven user experiences that keep people, data, and processes synchronized. The Integration Suite comes with 1800+ pre-built integrations, 2100+ APIs, and over 160 3rd party connectors.
- SAP Extension Suite simplifies the creation of applications, solution extensions, enhancements, processes, and content so you can quickly adapt and innovate.
To learn more about SAP Business Technology Platform, its capabilities, and the partner journey supporting it – check out this recent SAP News article (part 2 in a series) by Jagdish Sahasrabudhe is CTO of the Global Partner Organization at SAP.