SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP) ABAP Environment (known as “Steampunk”) lets you use your ABAP know-how to develop and run ABAP applications in the cloud. In particular, you need to become familiar with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP). RAP is essential: It enables you to build OData-based SAP Fiori UI services and Web APIs that are cloud and enterprise-ready and SAP HANA-optimized – whether starting from scratch, or reusing existing code.
To help you get up to speed as an ABAP developer, we have created three new badges:
- Create an SAP BTP, ABAP Environment Trial User – Single taster tutorial, to get you started with your ABAP Environment instance; requires no previous experience
- Create and Expose a CDS-Based Data Model – Beginner scenario: Get started creating development objects in the Cloud, using the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP)
- Level Up with SAP BTP, ABAP Environment – Beyond complete beginner. Covers a variety of skills:
- Develop a SAP Fiori application using ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP)
- Create business configuration UIs, again using RAP.
- Create and fill a database table in the ABAP Environment, work with an ABAP class, and work with ABAP Data Dictionary objects
- Move your ABAP source code using abapGit
You can earn each of these badges in turn:
We also hope to release a new, intermediate badge in the near future.
See all of our SAP tutorials in the SAP Tutorial Navigator