Domain Certificate Renewal(*sapbydesign.com)
The existing server certificate for domain “*.sapbydesign.com” is renewed as it is going to expire on March 30th, 2022.
You will be affected if either of the below scenarios are applicable to you:
- Your browser does not have DigiCert Certificates.
- You have an inbound communication integration to your ByD product.
The SSL certificates for your below URLs are scheduled to be updated with new certificates.
myXXXXXX.sapbydesign.com and myXXXXXX-sso.sapbydesign.com
If you have third party integrations like web services/APIs in your Business ByDesign tenant, you may be required to update the domain certificate. These updates should be conducted by your internal IT resources.
Download new certificate
To download latest certificate go to your tenant URL and download certificate which was recently updated. Below are the steps we need to follow to get certificate.
- Access your BYD URL and click on “View site information” (Lock symbol):
- Click on Certificate (Valid) option as below:
- New renewed Domain certificate will be available for download:
- Click on “Details” tab and download the certificate to the desired path(local machine).
1) What are these certificates used for?
These certificates are used for the SSL/TLS handshake that any system using the ‘secure’ protocol does before allowing connection to/from the system. In our case, SAP Business ByDesign uses the ‘secure’ HTTPS protocol and hence the SSL handshake is must for any system to connect to these URLs.
2) Are the new certificates known to modern web browsers?
DigiCert Root Certificates are automatically recognized by all common web browsers, mobile devices, and mail clients, therefore for browser scenarios there is nothing to do. The same is true if one relies on the standard sapjvm trust list.
The CA root certificate is included in:
- SAP JVM patch level 8.1.035 or 7.1.054
- Cloud Foundry buildpack SAP-Java (sap_java_buildpack) version 1.6.15
3) How do I download or install the certificate?
You must have admin access to the third-party system server where you need to install the certificate. If you do not have access to your company’s SSL server, notify your IT team and provide them the respective certificate download link from the above table.
4) How do Import Single Certificate in SAP CPI Key Store?
Follow the steps mentioned in the link.
5) How to import the certificate into my browser?
- Open the browser.
- Click Customize and control Google Chrome button in the upper right corner.
- Choose Settings. …
- Under Privacy and security section, click More. …
- Click Manage certificates, The new window will appear. …
- Choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities tab.
- Click Import. …
- In the opened window, click Next.
6) I notice a discrepancy in the validity start date and end date mentioned in this knowledge article table and my downloaded certificate. What does this indicate?
Sometimes, due to time zone difference, you may see a different date in the downloaded certificate. There is no impact on the certificate update activity due to this. You will be renewing the certificate well in advance, before the certificate expiry date.
Is there a site available to test with?
I found one. https://hcids.us4.hana.ondemand.com/ You will get 404 error but at least you know if your browser is ready or not.
I've checked the article multiple times and I can't seem to find the download link for the new Certificates are.
There was some issue. Now you would be able to download certificate.
Sorry for inconvenience.
Thank you for the response, but the link still doesn't work. What is the likelihood that we will need to do something with the certificate? Because then the inability to access the new certificate would then factor into a risk profile of this change.
I have updated steps to download certificate from URL.
I can't download, says:
Steps to download certificate has been updated.
Please check in blog post under download certificate section.
Great information!! but I'm not able to download the certificate. I don't see that option in any tab (general/details/certification path)
You need to access Test Tenant to download certificate.
and then you can upload it to production tenant. Please check if you are doing it right. Let me know if you still face issue.
I have downloaded the certificat per your instructions, I uploaded it to the "certificate trust list" in SAP ByDesign, but my outbound connections are still not working.
Is this where the certificate should be uploaded? Should I delete another certificate maybe?
Make sure you have deleted certificate which is expired.
Please try and let me know if you still face this issue.
I'm still not sure how to download it to desired path. Please describe more details. I'm confused after this "Click on “Details” tab and download the certificate to the desired path." Download button will appear somewhere or do I have to do any steps? Thank you so much
1.When you click on Details tab if you are getting option copy to file.
2.Click on this option and follow wizard to copy certificate in file(this way it will get downloaded on your system)
3.Then you can upload the same certificate in production URL.
Let me know if you still face any issue.
Thank you for your quick response! I could downloaded correctly, I'm sorry to ask again about very basic question but how can I upload in production URL?
Thank you for your help!
As per above post, I checked the renewed certificate in Test tenant.
I tried to apply the certificate to the production tenant, but it seems to me that the renewed certificate has already been applied to the production tenant.
Q1 Is the renewed certificate applied?
* Attach the lock icon of the production tenant > Certificate popup screen
Q2 Can certificates be automatically renewed in a running tenant without user intervention?
Hi Jiyeon Yoo,
Certificate has been renewed in production tenants and you dont need to renew it untill next year.
We will share the communication for the same when certificate renewal is required.
So no action pending at your end.