SAP recently hit a milestone achievement of five million course enrollments on its openSAP platform (see the SAP press release) – the free online platform that offers innovative, expert-led massive open online courses (MOOCs) with accompanying microlearning and podcasts across a range of topics for learners of all abilities. openSAP Microlearning delivers free, self-contained videos that provide learners with bite-size, digestible content to give them background on a new topic or complement existing knowledge. And with openSAP Podcasts, learners can browse through a range of topics to listen to an episode or subscribe to a podcast series to stay up-to-date on a particular issue.
Leveraging tried and trusted learning concepts, the openSAP platform integrates features such as gamification and discussion forums to allow learners to interact with experts and peers in a way that is impactful and enjoyable.
Established in 2013, and hosted and run by the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI), the openSAP platform provides individuals with essential knowledge and the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to navigate the SAP software landscape. Over many years of close collaboration and successful co-development with the institute, the platform has since served around 1.2 million learners. More recently, the platform has seen tremendous growth with the number of course enrollments doubling over the last three years. Enrollments have taken place across approximately 250 different courses, averaging out to 20,000 enrollments per course. The top three courses on the platform have each seen over 110,000 enrollments.
While the platform continues to provide new courses on the latest topics and innovations, such as SAP S/4HANA, SAP Business Technology Platform, intelligent integration, digital transformation and machine learning, older courses are still relevant and consistently attract new enrollments. Since inception, the top five courses have been:
- SAP S/4HANA in a Nutshell (125K+ course enrollments)
- SAP Cloud Platform Essentials (115K+ course enrollments)
- Introduction to Software Development on SAP HANA (110K+ course enrollments)
- An Introduction to SAP HANA (90K+ course enrollments)
- Introduction to SAP Cloud Platform (85K+ course enrollments)
Throughout the past quarter, openSAP has begun to offer new courses on the latest innovations, such as:
- An Enterprise Architect’s View on SAP Business Technology Platform
- The Business Opportunities of a Digitally Transformed Economy
- Business Success with Climate Action
And while the platform has won numerous awards (seven in the last seven years) and has garnered great recognition over the years, the learner satisfaction ratings is what continues to prove its relevance:
- Ninety-eight percent are very satisfied with the learning experience openSAP provides.
- Ninety-five percent say that the skills taught will help them in their future work.
- Ninety-nine percent plan to take additional courses on the openSAP platform in the future.
To celebrate this achievement, SAP is offering its course SAP’s Integrated Intelligent Suite on the openSAP platform for an additional five months (until the end of July) to provide more learners with the opportunity to acquire essential knowledge and earn a record of achievement.
Over the next two years, openSAP is committed to upskilling over 200,000 learners from across the EU to equip them with the skills needed to capitalize on tomorrow’s opportunities and thrive in a digital world.