SAP User Experience practitioner forums let you learn from your peers
For the past several years, SAP has offered monthly calls in which people from customers and partners can engage with peers and SAP product experts to learn best practices for using various products. We have practitioner forums for SAP Screen Personas, SAP Fiori, and SAP Business Technology Platform. We have recently changed the registration process for these groups, so this post will provide the latest information on how to register for the practitioner forums that interest you.
All the UX practitioner forums meet in the third week of each month.
SAP Business Technology Platform
Hosted by Toros Aledjian and Murali Shanmugham
SAP Screen Personas
Hosted by Peter Spielvogel and Conrad Bernal
Hosted by Toros Aledjian, Jocelyn Dart, and Simon Kemp
What to expect in each meeting
While each practitioner forum has its own vibe and format, based on the membership of the group and host, they generally follow a similar format. The time for each segment will depend on the topic.
- Welcome and announcements (5 minutes)
- Presentation from a customer or partner (20 – 30 minutes)
- Tutorial by SAP product experts (15-20 minutes)
- Q&A and open discussion (10 – 15 minutes)
In some cases, we might have a single presenter who covers a topic in depth for 45 minutes.
Some common questions
- Does it cost anything to attend?
No, practitioner forums are free.
- Do I need to register in advance?
No, once you receive the meeting invitation, you can join when you wish.
- Are the meetings recorded?
Many presenters will only share their information if they are not recorded.
- If I miss a meeting, can I receive the slides?
Yes, we post these on the Jam site for the respective topic.
- Can I ask questions to the customer or partner presenters?
Yes! This is main reason for the meeting so you can share information with your peers.
- Can I ask questions about my specific environment or situation?
Probably other people in the group have a similar situation.
- Do the practitioner forum groups ever meet in person?
We try to have a face-to-face gathering at SAP TechEd.
- Do I need to be on SAP S/4HANA?
No. We have a mix of customers on SAP S/4HANA and ECC.
We hope you will join us in one or more of these highly interactive groups and participate in the discussion.
On behalf or all the SAP UX Practitioner Forum hosts, Peter Spielvogel.