5 Reasons Why SAP Customer Checkout is the Right Point-of-Sale Software for You!
In this blog I’d like to show you why SAP Customer Checkout is the right fit for your business when searching for a point-of-sale system.
A modern point-of-sale system has to be more sophisticated to comply with growing demands of both worlds – the digital and physical. Besides providing an efficient checkout process, point-of-sale systems are often facing various of other challenges.
Let me summarize some of the Challenges:
- End-to-End integration: Point-of-sale systems are no self-sufficient silos, they have to be integrated into the IT architecture and interact with other systems (e.g. warehouse management systems). Master data need to be available within a short time.
- Transparency: It is important that sales and stock information are available in real-time so that important decisions or ordering replenishments can be made fast.
- Legal requirements: Point-of-sale systems need to meet legal and local requirements when selling in different countries or regions. GDPR standards or other changing regulations also need to be considered.
- Hardware: The interaction of soft- and hardware is often underestimated when choosing a point-of-sale software. The systems need to be flexible to run on classical POS devices, but also modern tablets to be mobile.
- Omni-channel processes: A vital component to stay competitive in such digital era is to cover different sales channels. Customers expect to buy online and pick-up in store – click & collect scenarios are getting more popular, not only in times of COVID-19.
At SAP, we always try to offer the best solutions to our customers and partners to run their business, overcome their challenges and digitize their processes.
SAP Customer Checkout is a point-of-sale solution which is designed for retail, sports and entertainment, merchandising, and catering businesses and supports all common POS requirements.
Started in 2014, we have now more than 500 customers in 46 countries all over the world. Do you want to know why our customers choose SAP software?
In a nutshell, these are the Top 5 Reasons Why SAP Customer Checkout is the right point-of-sale solution for you:
- Integration to SAP ERP systems: SAP Customer Checkout provides you a full and seamless end-to-end integration from the POS system into the SAP ERP system. All transactions are transmitted in real-time into your warehouse management and accounting applications to enable in-depth insights into sales and financial data with only few clicks. On the other side, you maintain your master data once and fetch them into various POS systems, and shops or organizations.
- Central POS Management: Our strong and powerful SAP Customer Checkout manager running in the backend provides you more than 40 apps to manage and maintain different POS systems centrally. From central user and role management, software updates, monitoring, loyalty, coupons, gift cards, to central configuration – the system enables you to easily manage multiple locations and POS operations.
- Extension & Scalabilty: Benefit from the flexibility of SAP Customer Checkout to extend and adapt the solution via plug-ins as needed to meet specific customer requirements. Furthermore, the solution is scalable to a wide variety of business scenarios and sizes – no matter if you have a shop with 5, 100 or 2,000 POS systems, or if you run a retail, sports and entertainment, or catering business. Our customer base covers large enterprises as well as SMBs.
- Hardware Agnostic: SAP Customer Checkout offers a hardware device independency and lets you run the solution on any point-of-sale device tailored to your business. From classical POS terminals, mobile tablets, payment terminals, printers, scanners, to line displays – choose flexibly the hardware you are looking for. Our modern and intuitive user interface ensures a smooth and seamless integration to save time and costs for your end-users, cashiers, and all who work with the solution.
- Loyalty Management: Besides the common POS requirements and operations, SAP Customer Checkout provides you comprehensive loyalty management functionality. Include loyalty programs into your business, let your customers collect loyalty points for each purchase, create loyalty tiers and reward your most loyal customers with personalized sales and offers.
Marketing Lead for SAP Customer Checkout