Update to SAP Fiori Client strategy in context to Fiori In-Store Merchandising — SAP note note # 2992772
How are we using SAP Fiori Client today?
- SAP Fiori In-Store merchandising apps (link) use SAP Fiori Client for camera scanning, and SAP Custom Fiori Client for laser scanning, camera scanning, and RFID reading with mobile devices such as Zebra TC family and smartphones.
What has changed?
- SAP plans to remove the SAP Fiori Client app from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store at the end of March 2022.
- The note # 2992772 provides more info (link).
- SAP Fiori Client and SAP Custom Fiori Client are currently in Maintenance until December 31st 2022. Whether this will be extended or not is still open.
What are the alternates?
- For Android devices: SAP Fiori Client is available in Managed Google Play Store, which is a content marketplace for enterprises.
- For iOS devices: SAP plans to provide SAP Fiori Client via Apple Business Manager by customer request.
- Prerequisites: Mobile Device Management (MDM), Apple Business Manager.
- Create a Custom SAP Fiori Client (link) using the SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.2.
- Prerequisites: Mobile Device Management, SAP Mobile Platform SDK 3.2, and SMP licensing.
- If you have, a license for SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services on Neo, you can use the Cloud Build Service to build custom Fiori Client.
- Zebra Enterprise Browser (link) has not been tested by SAP yet, but it seems to be an alternate. It would require Zebra licensing.