If you’ve clicked on this post, you’re likely interested in learning more about user experience (UX) and design topics at SAP, but are perhaps unsure about where to get the most relevant content in a sea of information.
Below are three concrete steps you can take to stay current on our product updates, events, trainings, and more.
1. Bookmark our two main channels
We have two main channels where we exclusively publish user experience and design-related content: SAP Community and Medium. You may also be familiar with the SAP User Experience Community, but please be aware that this site has been discontinued as of March 2021 due to an SAP-wide content consolidation process.
If you’re familiar with SAP Community, you’ll know that it’s home to 2.8 million users, so navigating it to find the content you need can be tricky. Below are some shortcuts to get started with UX and design content.
Hands down the one-stop-shop for all things SAP user experience and design is the SAP Fiori topic page on SAP Community. Here you’ll find everything regarding SAP Fiori, the design system for all SAP products, including the road map, design guidelines, information on tools, the app reference library, and of course relevant blogs with the latest news and developments. You may find it helpful to:
- Bookmark the SAP Fiori topic page on your browser
(Tip: We also have dedicated pages for SAP Fiori elements, SAP Fiori tools, SAP Screen Personas, and more.)
- Follow these tags by clicking on the blue button (Follow) on the bottom left of the top shell bar or by subscribing to the respective RSS feeds: User Experience | SAP Fiori | SAP Fiori elements | SAP Fiori tools | SAP Screen Personas | SAP Fiori Makers
- Select the new User Experience Insights category to dive right into our content from the Home page (Home > Blogs > Categories (right shell bar) > User Experience Insights)
SAP Design on Medium
Make sure to also bookmark our SAP Design Medium channel. Here you’ll find thought leadership pieces, knowledge sharing, product updates and enablement material around our products and around the topic of enterprise design in general. You’ll also find interesting pieces from the SAP AppHaus and from the SAP Design Talks. If you’re curious about design in general, Medium is also a great jumping off point to discover what’s going across different industries from expert and novice voices alike.
2. Follow our UX evangelists
Next, I’ll share a list of people who we call our “UX evangelists”. These people are great to follow because they are actively and expertely blogging about the topics you need to kickstart your user experience transformation. This is by no means an exhaustive list of our community evangelists, but rather a useful jumping off point.
Make sure to folllow (+Follow):
- Thomas Reiss: If you are looking for information on the latest SAP Fiori innovations (SAP Fiori 3 updates, insights into the product road map , and more), Tom is your person. Look out for his highly-detailed blogs and videos as well as training recommendations.
- Peter Spielvogel: As a product marketing lead, Peter drives go-to-market activities for SAP UX Engineering, and is the go-to person to get updates on SAP Fiori elements, SAP Fiori tools, and SAP Screen Personas. He is also your helpful guide for navigating SAP TechEd and other major events.
- Stefanie Hager: Learn the ins-and-outs of SAP Fiori elements from one of the responsible product managers. Stefanie shares latest news on SAP Fiori elements and tools, as well as personal experiences/insights and best practices.
- Jocelyn Dart: Jocelyn is a UX Strategist at SAP focused on SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA (on-premise and Private Cloud Edition) with a special interest in Accessibility. She is a member of the SAP S/4HANA Regional Implementation Group for Asia-Pacific Japan. If you are looking for helpful, detailed guidance based on real customer experiences and the latest best practices for SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA, this is your person.
- Finally, follow Victoria Thomas, Saskia Guckenburg & Andrea Waisgluss (that’s me!) to hear customer success stories with SAP Fiori, information about partner-facing events, design-related news, insights on user research, and more.
3. Get social with us!
Behind those channels are a team of dedicated curators (hey there!) waiting to engage with you and hear what you have to say about your experiences, your wishes, and to answer any questions you may have. We work closely with the product teams, designers, and developers to make sure that you get the answers you’re looking for. So join our conversations, we’re here for it.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I hope you found these tips useful. Is there anything missing in your eyes? Do you have specific questions about where to find information? Reach out to me in the comments below and I’ll get back to you.