As a common practice in industries where buyers and suppliers work closely to handle comparable and reoccurring orders based on long-term agreements, the self-billing process is particularly popular in the automotive industry where buyers frequently release comparable orders for vehicle components.
Instead of issuing invoices by the supplier, the buyer raises self-billing documents and then triggers the corresponding payment procedure. On the supplier side, incoming self-billing documents are received and processed.
However, the biggest challenge for the supplier is to detect differences between the received and the internally created documents, and to ensure efficient processing.
SAP Self-Billing Cockpit reduces manual interaction by streamlining and automating the billing process for suppliers. It enables the supplier to receive self-billing documents from the buyer and then process these self-billing documents efficiently.
SAP Self-Billing Cockpit enables suppliers to efficiently process self-billing documents received from the buyer and prepares documents for clearing in accounts receivable.
The key features are as follows:
- Receive self-billing documents and automatically trigger follow-up processing.
- Provide simulation results for detected differences before triggering further execution.
- Provide intuitive UIs to ease the processing and management of self-billing documents.
- Rectify errors efficiently with error analysis and mass edit capabilities.
- Support flexible self-billing processing with various configuration options.
As illustrated in the following figure, SAP Self-Billing Cockpit brings much ease to billing clerks with automated simulation, easy error correction, and one-click execution.
- Verify self-billing documents automaticallySAP Self-Billing Cockpit automatically verifies received self-billing documents. From a central entry page, billing clerks can view the statuses of all incoming self-billing documents and trigger further processing.
- Simulate before triggering further processingSAP Self-Billing Cockpit lists the detected discrepancies in simulation results before triggering any further processing. This also avoids the creation of unnecessary differential invoices.
- Process self-billing documents smoothlySAP Self-Billing Cockpit compares incoming self-billing documents with internal documents, and then creates credit memos or debit memos in case of differences. It also updates all involved journal entries with a payment reference.
- Rectify errors with mass edit capabilitiesBilling clerks can easily rectify the detected errors as promoted. In addition, the panoramic error view of statistical error analysis allows billing clerks to mass edit a group of documents in one bulk.
As a solution running on SAP Business Technology Platform (BTP), SAP Self-Billing Cockpit supports smooth integration with SAP S/4HANA Cloud (with scope item 4H2 enabled). It also supports integration as of SAP S/4HANA 2020 FPS01.
To use SAP Self-Billing Cockpit, you must have the integrated system up and running.
When integrated with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, this product is relevant for the following countries or regions:
When integrated with SAP S/4HANA, this product is relevant for the countries or regions running self-billing with automatic posting.
To obtain the up-to-date information of SAP Self-Billing Cockpit, you can check the Release Information Note of number 2967401 or refer to the product documentation on SAP Help Portal.