SAP Best Practice Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA
Accelerate Your Project by Using a Global Template Offering Preconfigured End-to-End Business Processes, now also available for all new releases – SAP Best Practices at your fingertips
In a Nutshell
The Enterprise Management Layer is ideal for new and existing customers operating in multiple countriesand looking for a global template offering standardized, preconfigured end-to-end business processes to start their SAP S/4HANA journey. Here you can leverage SAP BestPractices pre-configured, pre-activated – without a big project.
Combined with SAP Activate, the Enterprise Management Layer will accelerate each customer’s implementation project, either used as a reference system or sandbox during the Explore phase, or as a global template to build on, for net new customers as well as customers transitioning from ECC to SAP S/4HANA who choose a greenfield, ‘back to standard’ approach.
Many clients that are leveraging our concierge service with RISE with SAP will benefit from this Best Practices pre-activated, as the Enterprise Management Layer is based on SAP Best Practices and offers preconfigured end-to-end business processes across all application areas, including sample master data and print forms as well as detailed documentation for users. Its main value, however, is centered on requirements specific to multinational corporations:
- Parallel accounting requirements according to group GAAP as well as local legal and tax requirements
- Localized, preconfigured business content and documentation for up to 46 countries
- Intercompany processes and group reporting (consolidation)
While it is as default included for SAP S/4HANA Cloud automatically, the Enterprise Management Layer is available as a service for the following deployment types: SAP S/4HANA, private cloud edition (e.g. in context of “Rise with SAP”) and On-premise deployment (including Hyperscalers)
So Rise with us to leverage the most modern SAP Best Practices.
How to find out more:
How is the enterprise management deployed?
We build the customer system according to the customer’s specifications in a staging area within SAP and provide a copy of the system, – in technical terms, a database backup, – which is then restored in the customer landscape, on premise or hosted. In other words, we provide an appliance.
Can the content be adapted to each customer’s needs?
The Enterprise Management Layer is a global template which can be tailored to each customer’s requirements in 2 simple stages:
- Initial build: Each customer specifies the initial scope and certain parameters for the build of their system such as the countries in scope, but also the customer’s group currency and fiscal year variant. For each country, around 160 standard scope items will be available. In addition, scope optionswhich might require additional software licenses can be selected for functionality.
- Customer project: Fit-to-Standard workshops (see blog about SAP Activate) are recommended to maximize re-use of SAP delivered ready-to-run business processes while carefully assessing where a customer’s business requires to tailor or extend the solution.
- The scope: 43 countries based on SAP Best Practices (Slovakia being new), new scope items included in the standard scope plus a longer list of scope options, such as contract and lease accounting, group reporting, collections and dispute management, or actual costing.
- The design in Finance: To the group and local accounting principle, we added a third, tax accounting principle and now offer 5 ledgers (plus 2 extension ledgers): group/leading ledger + 2 local ledgers + 2 tax ledgers (* the second ledger of each pair with local fiscal year variants for India and Japan, for example).
- Localization content: We have tested, enhanced, and documented localization content to fully reflect the latest local requirements, for example for Great Britain’s BREXIT.
Want to learn more?
Check out the Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners, and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
Leverage openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
And… Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community – now fully integrated with SAP Community. The community brings together SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers, partners, and SAP experts and has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions. We invite you to explore the new SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community ‘one-stop shop’ as the central place for all resources, tools, content questions, answers and connect with experts to guide you through your SAP S/4HANA Cloud journey.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- The power of best-in-class and Next Practices business content for a modern ERP Blog Post
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud: The Intelligent ERP Link Collection Blog Post
- Latest SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Content here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Community here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- Help Portal Product Page here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA, or myself via @SDenecken
Just to be sure, it's possible to use ELM in an On-premise environment, I guess after acquiring the required license is possible to export the content of the "S/4HANA System M19" on the SAP Cloud Appliance Library to an On-Premise environment for example, correct?
Hi Gustavo, you are referring to the “enterprise management layer for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, extended edition trial system" which is available on the SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL) exclusively for our Partner community to familiarize themselves with this implementation template.
The export of the system (in this case M19) out of the hosted environment initially installed through CAL is not allowed and contractually prohibited!
This trial landscape contains all scope items that are included in our initial basic bundle and as well those items that are included within the extended scope options. These additional scope bundles typically require enhanced S/4HANA software license beyond the classic enterprise license.
In case you intend to use the enterprise management layer for S/4HANA in a classical customer on-premise context, a dedicated SAP service is in place that needs to be purchased by the customer.
Kind regards, Stephanie
Thanks for your response and clarification.
It is great to see that the Enterprise Management Layer can be used either as a reference system in a sandbox or as an actual starting point to build your solution in the development environment.