Join the next SAP HANA Cloud workshop series from March 23-25, 2021
Save the date! Register now for our exclusive workshop on SAP Business Application Studio.
Join the series of hands-on workshops and practice using a trial account for SAP HANA Cloud. Learn with expert Volker Saggau and me in this three-session hands-on workshop how to create and optimize calculation views in SAP Business Application Studio in a federated scenario using data from SAP HANA Cloud.
Get to know the basics of database development with the integrated development environment of SAP and how you can make the most of it for different use cases in SAP HANA Cloud.
We will be there live to answer your questions and guide you through the content we have created for you. And you get the whole content for the sessions also as useful workbooks, so you can choose to follow live or retrace the steps on your own after the session.
Save your spot now – It’s free!
March 23rd – Session 1: How to set up an environment and define data structure
Learn in this session how to set up an SAP HANA native application development space and project in SAP Business Application Studio and how to create tables in your development project. This includes:
- Introduction to SAP Business Application Studio
- Setting up a SAP HANA native application development space and project
- Binding your project to your SAP HANA Cloud, HANA database
- Connecting your project to back it up on github.com
- Creating hdbmigration tables and hdbroles
March 24th – Session 2: How to build up a federated scenario
Learn in this session how to add remote sources and virtualize data from these sources to your SAP HANA Cloud, HANA database as well as how to use flowgraphs to load data to different tables. You will also learn how to manage the roles and privileges necessary for these steps. This includes:
- Managing roles and privileges
- Using flowgraphs to distribute data
- Adding remote sources and virtualizing data
- Creating a simple calculation view
March 25th – Session 3: Create calculation views in SAP Business Application Studio
Learn in this session how you can create calculation views in SAP Business Application Studio. You will learn how to create union nodes and how to use union pruning with sample data as well as how to manage analytic privileges and use static cache. This includes:
- Creating calculation views using union nodes and union pruning
- Previewing data and analyzing union pruning
- Managing analytic privileges
- Using static cache
Before you register:
Since this workshop is hands-on and meant to guide you while you follow along the steps in your own instance of SAP HANA Cloud, there are a few preparations you need to make prior to the first session:
- Sign-up for the SAP HANA Cloud trial.
- Provisiona SAP HANA Cloud, SAP HANA database in trial.
- Make sure your SAP HANA Cloud, SAP HANA database is running before your start.
- Add a subscription to SAP Business Application Studio to your trial.
- Create a free account on github.com to use the required sample data.
If you need help with the preparation, post your questions under this post or simply by using the hashtag #saphanacloud.
We are looking forward to seeing you there and answering your questions in the live chat!