Get started with this new release by checking out the Finance help. Below you can find direct links to some of the changes.
Management Accounting and Margin Analysis
- The Set Report Relevancy – Set-Based Hierarchies app is new. – See Set Report Relevancy – Set-Based Hierarchies.
- The following new features are available in universal allocation:
- You can now schedule allocation runs using job scheduling apps. – See Scheduling Allocation Runs.
- You can now choose to post to a ledger different than the one defined in the allocation cycle. – See Flexible Ledger Cycle.
- You can now choose to process an allocation cycle iteratively. – See Iterative Processing Cycle.
With the Display Material Value Chain – Estimated Costs app, you display the progression of planned quantities and planned values for a material along a value chain using estimated costs from a specified validity date. – See Display Material Value Chain – Estimated Costs.
Predictive accounting now can predict revenues for service contracts using event-based revenue recognition. The product assistance has several examples that show how journal entries are created in the prediction ledger and the underlying ledger. Start here: Examples of How Predictive Accounting Works with Service Contracts.
- The Simulation Cockpit for Financial Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud has been introduced. Several topics describe the simulation scenarios. – See Simulation Cockpit for Financial Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud and for more details:
- The cost center planning in SAP Analytics Cloud has been enhanced. The following new documents have been added:
- Financial Statement Planning in SAP Analytics Cloud has been enhanced with Analytics and Reporting features. – See the following:
- The documentation for sales and profitability planning in SAP Analytics Cloud has been enhanced. – See the following:
- A new document introduces the Set Financial Plan Data to Zero – See Set Financial Plan Data to Zero.
Accounting and Financial Close
The previous apps for reversal will be replaced in a future release. We recommend that you already use the Manage Fixed Assets app instead. For background info about reversal in Asset Accounting, see Reversal. For the detailed procedures, see Reverse Journal Entries.
Receivables Management -> Accounts Receivable Accounting -> Bank Statement Processing:
- The following document includes an overview graphic that explains automatic bank statement processing: Overview on Automatic Bank Statement Processing.
- The introductory videosfor the Reprocess Bank Statement Items and Manage Bank Statement Reprocessing Rules apps have been updated, as well as the How-to videos on how to create reprocessing rules manually and with templates.
- The following document provides information about the integration with the Advanced Bank Statement Automation(4X8) scope item and about the features it offers: Integration with Advanced Bank Statement Automation.
Other Finance-Related Areas
Industries -> Oil and Gas -> Asset Retirement Obligations:
For Upstream Accounting, the Asset Retirement Obligation Management is now available in SAP S/4HANA Cloud. You can create and change ARO master data. – See Asset Retirement Obligation Management in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
What else is new in this release?
And feel free to give us feedback and let us know what you think using the feedback function.