How Customers and Partners Can Submit Improvement Requests and Influence Future Releases of SAP Service and Asset Manager
The direction of SAP Service and Asset Manager has always been driven by our customers. Our team gathers input through one-on-one meetings, sidebar conversations, functional gap assessments, advisory group forums, and other channels. The requests are evaluated and added to our backlog, then, when prioritized, features are published to the road map before they are eventually released.
This process has worked well enough but it is not transparent to our customers and partners. We now have a tool that brings visibility to improvements requests.
SAP Service and Asset Manager is pleased to announce we are now part of SAP Continuous Influence program, and we invite our customers and partners to suggest improvements and vote on other ideas.
Through the votes and comments on improvement requests, our team will have a great indication of the enthusiasm for a new feature. For our customers, a continuously open channel with the SAP Service and Asset Manager team opens new collaboration opportunities to influence the product direction to the benefit of your organization.
How it works
The SAP Service and Asset Manager influence program runs two sessions per year, timed with our biannual release schedule. Each session is open to voting and submission for five months, with the sixth month dedicated to review and communication of the results.
|Dec–May||Submit and up-vote improvement requests|
|June||Review requests and communicate results|
|July–Oct||Submit and up-vote improvement requests|
|Nov||Review requests and communicate results|
Our team maintains a voting threshold which commits us to respond; suggestions that reach the voting threshold will be reviewed for prioritization. At the end of the review period, we will communicate the accepted and delivered requests.
First of all, only customers and partners with a valid S-User ID will be able to submit improvement requests. You may register for a public ID but you will only be able to view requests. Check with your company’s SAP administrator to create an S-User ID for you.
- With your S-User ID, visit the SAP Customer Influence home page to login and learn more about the SAP Influence programs
- Navigate to the SAP Continuous Influence – SAP Service and Asset Manager home page
- Search if your request has been submitted by another customer
- If you cannot find a request like your own, use the Submit Improvement button to create a new request, provide as much detail as possible
- Once your improvement has been submitted, other customers can see and vote for it during the open voting cycle
- Review Requests Open for Voting for improvements that you wish to support and plan to adopt in your organization
- Explore the site navigation to review your submisssions, comments, and votes
Lastly, use the Follow button to be notified of new requests and announcements when available. You may also search for (and follow) related Tags of interest to you.
Our first session is open now and we look forward to seeing your ideas for how to make SAP Service and Asset Manager even better.
If you need further assistance with SAP Customer Influence, you may find these resources helpful.