Synopsis: SAP API Business Hub is growing rapidly both in content and reach across the SAP ecosystem. It is free to publish for SAP partners and can accelerate the lead generation for SAP Store listing. Integrations of partner apps with SAP apps can also be managed and delivered cost effectively via SAP API Business Hub.
About SAP API Business Hub
The SAP API Business Hub has undergone many evolutions; the latest is now in beta, with an expected go live around SAPPHIRE 2021 timeframe.
It attracts a lot of users in the SAP Ecosystem, one of our most popular packages SAP S/4HANA Cloud API package has scored 600,000+ hits in its lifetime.
Opportunities for Partners
Partners can list their content on the SAP API Business Hub.
With an SAP API Business Hub listing partners can
- Extend reach of their Brand
- Partner logos are displayed prominently on the home page.
- Each partner has a perma-linked page dedicated to them, in addition to their listings.
- Be visible to your target market
- Most SAP API Business listing are visible within the apps they are consumed in. In other words, if your listing is targeted towards an integration developer persona, it is automatically also visible in the discovery tab of the Integration Suite workspace.
- Drive traffic to your SAP Store listing by linking it in your SAP API Hub listing
- Minimize costs in delivering integration content to customers
- SAP API Business Hub helps manage the entire lifecycle of its content from release to deprecation
- Customers can update integration packages in their design times with just one click and deploy with another (some conditions apply).
SAP API Business Hub’s success depends on the users’ confidence in its listings. In order to earn this confidence it publishes guidelines and best practices that its publishers need to adhere to. It is essentially a balancing act to minimize the effort on the publishers’ part yet deliver quality that users demand. Every listing needs to go through a governance and publishers are encouraged to frequently update their listings.
SAP API Business Hub, as of today, does not have any option to restrict the view or download of its’ content to any authorized user hence it is strongly recommended not to place business secrets or secret sauce content here (watch this space for updates).
SAP API Business Hub does not support any commercial transactions, all commercials will have to be redirected via SAP Store only.
Note: I would strongly recommend PE Build partners go through the new PE Build plans by George Saava, Manager for Partner Edge Build. This will be an hour well spent. A screen grab from the presentation below…
Listing on the SAP API Business Hub
Partner with us on SAP API Business Hub, it is free and all it takes is one email to initiate the process.
Here is a detailed graphic on what you can expect from your publication journey…
In order to deliver high quality to the customer, it is but obvious that our publishers should also enjoy the benefit for their effort in putting up the content. This expectation matching is the first order of business when you get in touch with us. We will ask you for…
- A use case, the value to customer
- A business model, the value to the publisher/partner
We will also do an alignment with SAP strategy, to determine the value to SAP to complete the circle.
The business model topic requires some detailing, given that
- No Commercials on SAP API Business Hub
- No restriction on content view and download
SAP API Business Hub supports indirect monetization models, a few of our popular models are:
- Monetize partner app via the SAP Store and deliver integration between SAP LoB and partner app via SAP API Business Hub. This model has the following advantages
- Dual discovery, with partner offering visible on SAP Store, SAP API Business Hub and any supported in-app discovery platform like the SAP Integration Suite.
- Lower costs and faster time to value to customer while partner benefits from the free delivery channel. As the customer consumes pre-packaged integrations, they save on consulting costs and time to activate the partner app while the partner ships once on the API Business Hub and all customers are able to consume the updates.
- SaaS API Discovery, a partner app’s APIs can be listed on the SAP API Business Hub for consumption in Customers’ extension/side-by-side projects. This listing can redirect the customer to the SAP Store for the commercial transactions. Another variant of this model is that the partner hosts the integration on a partner managed cloud (PE Build Integration model, in graphic above) and lists the end points for customer discovery and consumption.
- Free, Freemium model where partner can upload a sample or demo of their work to attract customers for consulting projects, integration adapters (again watch this space), or any other content type not currently supported on the SAP API Business Hub.
In conclusion, SAP API Business Hub is growing rapidly both in content and reach across the SAP ecosystem. It is free to publish for SAP partners and can accelerate the lead generation for SAP Store listing. Integrations of partner apps with SAP apps can also be managed and delivered cost effectively via SAP API Business Hub.