Working with B1 studio in Visual Studio 2017
I have been coding with SAP Business One SDK since 2006. Working with Visual Studio and integrated fonction from B1 Studio is really great.
But when I have upgraded Visual Studio to 2017 version, I found out that it wasn’t supported with B1 Studio (see https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2108204 ).
But with the following tips, I could develop as smooth as before.
First step : Modify register keys
- Open regedit,
- navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio
- Rename keys from 15.0 o 10.0
- Install B1 Studio
- Rename keys from 10.0 to 15.0
If you have also VS 2010, you’ll have to change key too.
Second Step : Dealing with templates
There’s two kind of template :
In Vs2010, the paths are like :
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp
In Vs 2017, we have to move into the following directory
- C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ItemTemplates\Visual C#
- C:\Users\<username>\\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#
You’ll just have to start Visual Studio to create Add-on solution and work with designer.
I guess this solution should be working with 2019 version of Visual Studio, but I haven’t tried yet.
As of release 10.0 FP 2008, SAP Business One Studio Suite supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and 2019 (https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2936980)
Share and Connect
Enjoyed the blog? Post a comment, share on social media, and/or give a like. Thanks!
Thanks & regards,