Content Updates: SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
Updated May 05, 2021
The SAP Activate implementation methodology in Roadmap Viewer provides guidance to project teams to support the customer’s journey to the intelligent enterprise.
We continue to gather feedback from our own customer community, our SAP experts, and partners and we follow an agile methodology to build on the previous version and continuously improve the content.
The content will be frequently updated and this blog will provide the release notes for the SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
May 05 Release Notes
- Enhancement to the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer with a new interactive Help functionality and a What’s New page to get the latest update in various SAP Activate Methodology roadmaps.
- Updated task Understand RISE with SAP with relevant descriptions and accelerators to help customers get started with this new offering and learn more about what is included in the offering.
- New SAP Blog – Achieve Business Value with SAP S/4HANA and Business Process Intelligence as part of RISE with SAP added to the Request and Run Business Process Discovery task. This blog highlight one of the self-service tool available within the RISE with SAP package that can help customers build a business case for their migration from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA.
- Added the SAP Activate Methodology content in SAP Cloud ALM. the content available in SAP Cloud ALM provides two templates: one for new implementation and another for system conversion. Refer to the SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding deliverables for more information on how to get access.
- Updated task Review Overview Documentation with additional procedure steps and accelerators required to get started with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- New task Review Onboarding Documentation to help customers understand the next steps once the contract is signed and get additional resources to get started with the project. This new task has new accelerators such as the SAP Help Portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and a link to additional onboarding webinar series.
- Updates to incorporate Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA. Enterprise Management Layer can be used to accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. An introduction section has been added to the Overview Page and a new accelerator for Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA is now available. The updates can be found in the following tasks:
- Text and accelerator inclusion to Review Overview Documentation task
- Procedural updates and new accelerator in Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops, Enhance System Setup with Additional Configuration, Fit-to-Standard Workshop Preparation, and the Fit-to-Standard workshops Execution.
- Updated and new SAP Fiori guidance to help customers through the steps of running SAP Fiori Rapid Activation and transporting through the system landscape. The updates include:
- Updated accelerator SAP Fiori Rapid Activation – Quick Guide to activate SAP Fiori in the task Activate SAP Fiori in the Starter System task to include the latest SAP S/4HANA 2020 updates.
- New task Transport SAP Fiori Rapid Activation with guidance on how to transport the activation list.
- New accelerator SAP S/4HANA Fiori Rapid Activation Transport Move To Production Strategy with step-by-step guidance to run the SAP Fiori transport after the initial activation.
- Added new SAP Learning Hub accelerators for RISE with SAP such as RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Onboarding Fundamentals (S4C03e_EN) in the Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- New procedure step and accelerator for the Webinar Series: RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition training available for partners on the SAP Partner Edge platform. The changes can are available in the task Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream with improved description and procedure steps.
- Improved task description Set up of Testing Tools and added new accelerator Test Strategy Template S4HANA Cloud.pptx.
- Retired accelerator Conversion of SAP Systems to SAP S/4HANA using SUM.
- Retired accelerator SAP Blog – Pre-check in System Conversion and replaced it with SAP Blog – SAP S/4HANA Conversion – Readiness Check 2.0 Step-by-Step.
- Retired SAP Note 2418800 as the note is no longer used and replaced it with SAP Note 2502552 – S4TC – SAP S/4HANA Conversion & Upgrade new Simplification Item Checks. The Note is available in the Check for the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP task.
April 05 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator RISE with SAP Overview in the Understand RISE with SAP task.
- Added a new blog SAP Blog – Implement Intelligent SAP BOTS and RPA in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Projects using the SAP Activate Methodology, the Request and Run Business Process Discovery task.
- Updated task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP for better readability and linked the Simplification Item Catalog accelerator to the task.
- Updated task Ensure Operational Readiness with more information about the Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE):
- Added procedure steps two (2) and three (3) with 3 new accelerators: Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE), Getting Started with Primary CCOE, and the Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE) Value Offering for Customers
- Added two (2) new accelerators in the accelerators section: SAP Support – Customer Center of Expertise: Media Library and What a Customer COE Should Know About Incident Management – Flipbook
- Updated task Validate Sizing with procedure steps to highlight the various accelerators used with the following new accelerators:
- HANA Quick Sizer
- SAP Note 1793345 – Sizing for SAP Suite on HANA
- SAP Note 1872170 – Business Suite on HANA and SAP S/4HANA sizing report
- Moved User Experience Management Tool Deployment deliverable and its associated tasks from the Deploy phase to the Run Phase.
March 22 Release Notes
- Completed the update to the name SAP Cloud Platform to SAP Business Technology Platform in several accelerators. In mid-January 2021, the SAP Cloud Platform brand was officially retired to support SAP’s One Platform strategy. Refer to the rebranding page for more information.
- Replaced old terms blacklist/ whitelist. SAP is replacing these terms with inclusive language that helps to create a more inclusive workplace and ecosystem. Refer to the Inclusive Language Replacement Terms document for additional information.
- Created a new deliverable SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding which includes two new tasks: how to request and set up SAP Cloud ALM tenant and accelerators to support them.
- Added a new procedure step in task Self-Enable on SAP Cloud ALM to review the demo recording/training in SAP Cloud ALM – Public Demo Tenant and SAP Cloud ALM Tutorials accelerators to learn about the capabilities of SAP Cloud ALM.
- Added a new task Request and Run Business Process Discovery. The task provides guidance on using the Process Discovery tool as a first step and gains insights into end-to-end process performance.
- Added a new accelerator E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Added the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators to task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
March 08 Release Notes
- Added a new deliverable Discovery Assessment and related tasks to the Discovery Phase. The deliverable and task provide guidance on capturing and documenting project scope, through the SAP Digital Discovery.
- Updated accelerator Solution Standardization Board White paper
- Update the Quality Gate accelerator with relevant terminology to help the project team conduct the Quality Gate for the 5 Golden Rules and for the overall project.
- Added the How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis Design accelerator to task Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation. This document provides guidance on how to conduct Fit-to-Standard workshops.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream for usability and consistency with other roadmaps.
- Added a new task Create Initial Analytics List. This task provides guidance on how to collect and document the initial analytics requirement discussed during the Discovery Phase.
- Updated procedure steps in tasks Document Integration Requirements and Document Artificial Intelligence Requirements, to indicate where the requirements can be captured and documented in SAP Cloud ALM.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated project plan to include a read me file and a workstream definition document.
- Updated the Implementing SAP S/4HANA with a Cloud Mindset accelerator.
- New content to help establish a Solution Standardization Board
- Updated and new SAP Fiori activation guidance
- Added a new accelerator RISE with SAP Introduction Learning Journey to Review Self-Enablement Materials task. The new learning journey helps develop the skills needed to implement RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and perform SAP Activate activities and onboarding tasks.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Cloud Services in the Review Your Support Offerings task.
- Updated procedure steps in task Self-Enable on Extensibility.
- Renamed accelerator from SAP TechEd 2019 Extensibility to SAP Community – ABAP Extensibility
- New accelerator SAP Notes – Additional information for Cloud Integration Automation Service added to task Request Cloud Integration Automation Services.
- Updated tasks, deliverables, and accelerators with the new SAP Business Technology Platform name. SAP has retired the “SAP Cloud Platform” product name to avoid confusion with the SAP Business Technology Platform brand. Read more here.