Content Updates: SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
The release notes have moved to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition release accelerator.
This blog is now in maintenance mode, and you can use it to find past-released content. We will create a new individual blog for each release. Stay tuned and follow the SAP Activate tag for further updates and new blog announcements.
Updated November 11, 2022
The SAP Activate implementation methodology in Roadmap Viewer guides project teams to support the customer’s journey to the intelligent enterprise.
We continue to gather feedback from our own customer community, our SAP experts, and partners, and we follow an agile methodology to build on the previous version and continuously improve the content.
The content will be frequently updated, and this blog will provide the release notes for the SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
November 11 (2022) Release Notes
- Updated task Create Manual Test Cases with an additional procedure to explain how to import test scripts from SAP Best Practices Explorer. Added accelerator SAP Cloud ALM Test Preparation accelerator.
- A new task was added in the Prepare phase under deliverable Project Plans, Schedule, and Budget. The new task Assign Resources and Refine Project Tasks in SAP Cloud ALM, helps assign teams or people to SAP Cloud ALM tasks.
- Moved task Conduct Readiness Assessment Survey from Transition Planning to Organization Change Management Plan.
- Moved task Execute Solution Validation Survey from the Designs Workshops and Documentation deliverable to the Fit-to-Standard Documentation.
- Updated two XM Transformation accelerators: XM Transformation Procedures (ppt file) and Introduction to Experience Economy and XM.
- Created new deliverable Operation and Support Assessment in the Discovery phase. A new task, Conduct Operation and Support Workshop, was added to this new deliverable. The goal of these activities is to conduct a workshop to help the customer assess support and operation needs, determine the target operating model, and review and agree on the engagement model, accountability, and governance.
October 11 (2022) Release Notes
- Updated task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Learning Hub with a detailed description and procedure to access the SAP Learning Hub and the SAP Learning Rooms.
- Created new task Create Self-Enablement Plan, in the Prepare phase, to help customers understand how a specific enablement plan can be created.
- Replaced task Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA, private cloud edition with new task Complete SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Onboarding Learning Courses.
- Added two new tasks under the Customer Team Self-Enablement deliverable: Access the SAP Enterprise Support Value Map for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and Join the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation Room.
- Renamed Operations Model and Capabilities deliverable to Operations Impact Evaluation and Design.
- Improved the Design and Configuration workstream by merging various Configuration deliverables under one new deliverable Solution Configuration. All the respective tasks from the removed deliverables were added to this new deliverable.
- Added new deliverable Dress Rehearsal and new related task Perform Dress Rehearsal. The new deliverable and task were added to the Deploy phase to cover the need for testing before executing the cutover plan.
- Updated the descriptions of the deliverable System Go-Live and task Production System Go-Live.
September 26 (2022) Release Notes
- Moved task Create Initial Analytics List from the Transition Planning to the Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation deliverable.
- Added a new accelerator, SAP S/4HANA Cloud Meet-the-Expert/E-Learning Sessions, to tasks Create Learning Curriculum and Deliver Enablement.
- Tagged task Review the RISE with SAP offering with the RISE with SAP Adoption framework tag.
August 29 (2022) Release Notes
- Renamed SAP Cloud ALM deliverable to Initial Access for SAP Cloud ALM and renamed the first task to Request SAP Cloud ALM.
- Redirected the procedure step 3 of the task, Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users, to the SAP Cloud ALM for Implementations – Expert Portal accelerator and removed the link to the temporary blog.
- Update task Set Up Integration using Cloud Integration Service (CIAS) with a new prerequisite note and updated procedure note.
- Added a link to the E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA Cloud to task Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Various updates to the Testing workstream related to third-party automated testing tools.
August 01 (2022) Release Notes
- Updated the Overview graphics to match the newer content.
- Updated accelerator Custom Extensions in the SAP S/4HANA Implementation – A practical Guide for Senior IT Leadership. The accelerator can be found in the Task Discover the Value of SAP S/4HANA for Your Company.
- Updated deliverable name from Analytics Configuration Configure Analytics in the Quality System.
- Moved task Setup and Enable Embedded Analytics to deliverable Analytics Configuration in the Quality System.
- Added a new deliverable Analytics Configuration in the Production System to the Analytics workstream in the Realize phase.
July 01 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator SAP Partner Portal – RISE with SAP Adoption Framework to tasks Review the RISE with SAP Adoption Framework and Attend the Onboarding Welcome & Introduction Workshops.
- Updated the Project Plan to reflect the current content. This accelerator is updated quarterly. You can find this accelerator in the Download Project Plan section o
- Removed accelerator, MS Project Cutover Schedule Sample, from tasks, Create Cutover Plan and Documentation for New Implementation, Create Cutover Plan and Documentation for System Conversion, Create Cutover Plan and Documentation for New Implementation, and Execute Cutover Tasks per the Cutover Plan. This accelerator is retired and will be replaced.
June 20 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new deliverable RISE with SAP Adoption Framework in the Discover phase and a related task to the Discovery phase. The purpose of the RISE with SAP Adoption Framework is to provide clarity on the entire SAP S/4HANA cloud journey. It brings customers, partners, and SAP together to collaborate under a single cloud operational governance model to proactively manage the success of RISE with SAP for the customers.
- Added a new deliverable RISE with SAP Onboarding Workshops with a related task Attend the Onboarding Welcome & Introduction Workshops. The new task has 3 new accelerators Blog – RISE with SAP S/4HANA Onboarding | New to SAP S/4HANA, Private Cloud edition?, RISE with SAP – Onboarding Resource Center and RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Onboarding Fundamentals.
- Moved tasks, Engage with the RISE with the SAP team and Prepare for the Business Network Kickoff Workshop, from deliverable Getting Started with your SAP Implementation to deliverable RISE with SAP Onboarding Workshops.
June 06 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new tag, RISE with SAP adoption framework, to highlight all the deliverables related to new implementation or system conversion of an SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition with a RISE with SAP package.
- Added three(3) new accelerators, ABAP Development Naming Conventions, ABAP Development Standards, and ABAP Workflow Development Standards to task Collect Details for Extensions. The accelerators are related to ABAP development and workflow standards. The accelerators are also referenced in the procedure notes.
- Updated the OCM Customer Readiness Whitepaper in the task, Execute the Cloud Mindset.
- Added a new deliverable Conversion Readiness and three(3) new tasks Perform SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA, Conduct Functional Review Workshop, and Conduct Technical review workshop in the Discovery phase to provide additional guidance for customers to be more prepared when planning a system conversion project.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Community – ABAP Testing and Analysis to task Conduct Technical Review Workshop.
- Updated tag name XM Transformation to follow our SAP Branding.
May 23 (2022) Release Notes
- Renamed the Transformation XM tag to XM transformation.
- Edited procedure step 2 in the task, Subscribe to Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS) in BTP. Added a new procedure note related to automatic provisioning with SAP Cloud ALM.
- Updated the Solution Adoption workstream in the workstream graphic of the Overview tab.
April 11 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new tag, to identify the tasks that are relevant to Transformation Experience Management(XM).
- Added new tasks related to Experience Management, from the Discover phase to the Run phase to help the project team identify all the content for Transformation Experience Management. The following are all the new tasks created:
- Three new accelerators for Transformation XM were created and assigned to the relevant tasks. These accelerators provide guidance, template, and additional information to help perform these tasks. The accelerators are Introduction to Experience Economy and XM, Transformation XM_Procedures, and Transformation XM Survey Questions.
- Several minor corrections were made to properly tag all tasks and accelerators related to the SAP Business Technology Platform product tag.
- Updated task title from Request Cloud Automation Services (CIAS) to Subscribe to Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS). The task procedure was also updated since customers can now self-subscribe to the Cloud Integration Automation Service (CIAS).
March 14 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new deliverable, Initial System Access for SAP Business Technology, and two new tasks: Access to SAP Business Technology Platform with instructions on how to access the system after the provisioning is complete and Create Users in the SAP Business Technology Platform Cockpit with instructions on how to create users once the initial user has logged in.
- Three new accelerators were created and added to the above tasks to help with the initial access to the SAP Business Technology Platform and the creation of users:
- Help – SAP Business Technology Platform: Add Members to Your Global Account
- SAP Discovery Center – Missions: Getting Started with SAP BTP Enterprise Account
- SAP Discovery Center – Missions: Getting Started with SAP BTP Enterprise Account
- Updated task Import SAP Best Practices Content to SAP Signavio with new procedure steps and a new accelerator SAP Signavio Process Manager User Guide – Import a BPMN 2.0 XML diagram.
- Updated the procedure steps of task Create a Content Development Plan.
- Improved the description and procedure in task Manage Content Design and Content Development.
- Updated Enablement Delivery deliverable description.
- Renamed task Initiate Delivery Trainers to Train the Trainers. Updated the description and procedure.
- Updated task Plan Learning Logistics description and procedure.
- Added a new task, Deliver Enablement, to deliverable Enablement Delivery.
- Project Plan download updated with the content of this release (March 14).
February 28 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new task, Select the Right Cloud Partner, to deliverable, Cloud Mindset Assessment, to guide customers to SAP partners.
- Added a new accelerator Finding Available SAP Fiori Apps to task Revise SAP Fiori apps. The accelerator is a link to an Open SAP course that helps customers learn how to find available apps in the SAP Fiori apps reference library.
- Added a new procedure step to review the enablement strategy activities and output in the new accelerator Enablement Strategy Overview. The updated content is available in the task Document Enablement Strategy.
- Added a new deliverable Learning Needs Analysis for Project Team in the Prepare phase with three new tasks:
- Learning Needs Identification Process for Project Team
- Create Learning Curriculum based on SAP Standard Learning
- Conduct Business Review
- Added accelerator SAP Learning Hub to tasks Learning Needs Identification Process for Project Team and Create Learning Curriculum based on SAP Standard Learning.
- Moved deliverable Learning Needs Analysis for Users from the Prepare to the Explore phase.
- Renamed task ‘Identify Learning Needs Identification Process’ to Identify Learning Needs.
- Assigned accelerators Custom Extensions in SAP S_4HANA Implementations – A Practical Guide for Senior IT Leadership and SAP Note 2920697- Extensibility Guide for SAP S/4HANA Cloud to task Detail Design of Extension with Classic Extensibility Techniques.
February 14 (2022) Release Notes
- Updated the task name from Review Enablement Strategy Research and Interviews to Conduct Enabelemnt Strategy Research and Interviews and updated the task description as well as the procedure steps.
- Removed the deliverable Enablement Assessment under Prepare. A customer doing an implementation can start with content under the Enablement Strategy deliverable.
- Added two new accelerators, Blog – Fit-to-Standard Mural Template and Blog – Fit-to-Standard: Inputs and Outputs, to tasks Self-Enable on the Fit-to-Standard Process and Prepare and Schedule Fit-to-Standard Workshops.
January 26 (2022) Release Notes
- Added a new Artificial Intelligence tag to highlight all the tasks and accelerators related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Added the SAP Business Technology Platform as a new filter under the ‘Product’ section of the content page. This filter makes it easy to find all tasks that are using or referencing the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- New and updated User Experience adoption content to help with UX adoption. In our previous releases, the roadmap introduced UX Value goals along with the implementation phases, which is a new innovative way to discuss and select User Experience based on desired business outcomes. Example of improvement includes a new task Run the User Experience Business Benefit Workshop, new accelerators ‘Fiori Launchpad verification checklist’ and ‘App Selection by UX Value Goal Template’ and an update to task Self-Enable on SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA.
- Improved the various tasks and accelerators in the Data Migration Workstream to highlight the need for SAP Fiori apps to be evaluated during fit-to-standard workshops.
- Updated the project plan folder available in the Roadmap Viewer under the “Download Project Plan” to include the latest updates. The project Plan contains a Microsoft project plan template, a Microsoft Excel, and an XML file populated with roadmap content.
- Updates to the Roadmap Graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
November 15 Release Notes
- Updated the Roadmap graphics on the Overview page to match the latest content release.
- Updated task Access SAP Support Service with two new procedure steps to leverage the use of the Digital Assistant for Service Request accelerator and the Expert Chat from Cloud Editions of SAP Enterprise Support accelerator.
- Moved deliverables Learning Needs Analysis for Users and Content Development Tool Deployment and their respective tasks from the Explore Phase to the Prepare phase, to follow the other SAP Activate Cloud Roadmap structure.
- Added accelerator Test Management Guide to tasks Create and Schedule and Overall Test Plan, Create Test Strategy and Self-Enable on Test Management Tools.
October 27 Release Notes
- New deliverables, tasks, and accelerators to provide guidance on the use of SAP Signavio and SAP Process Insights. As part of the RISE with SAP offering, SAP is providing Business process intelligence (BPI) which accesses SAP Signavio and SAP Process Insights.
- Updated task title and content in the task Review and Request SAP Process Insights. The task has been updated with new procedure steps to guide customers on the usage of the solution. The task contains a new accelerator Help – SAP Process Insights – Administration Guide for Process Insights.
- New task Request Access to SAP Signavio Starter Pack. This task guides RISE with SAP customers on how to request access to SAP Signavio. SAP Signavio solutions complement SAP Process Insights and both tools help accelerate SAP S/4HANA transformation and business process performance.
- New task Self-Enable on SAP Signavio. This task helps the project team understand what needs to be done during process improvement and how it can be achieved using SAP Signavio. The task has new accelerator SAP Signavio Documentation which is the central place of all content related to the tool.
- Updated task Create a Document Repository for the Implementation Project Team and Document and Maintain Business Process Flows. SAP Signavio is the leading platform that allows customers to model, analyze, optimize and execute business processes. The tool can be used as a central repository for all business processes-related content and can be used during the Fit-to-Standard workshops by providing capabilities to view the SAP Best Practices content and their comparison with standard processes.
- New tasks describing the business processes-related activities. Model As-Is Business Processes and Import SAP Best Practices Content to SAP Signavio. The new tasks include procedure steps and accelerators to guide the business process expert.
- New deliverable added to the Explore phase Business Process Performance Planning and Design. The new deliverable includes two new tasks Define Business Process Target State and Export To-Be Business Processes.
- Updated content in the User Experience tag. The tasks and accelerators help with UX adoption. The roadmap introduces the UX Value goals along with the implementation phases, which is a new innovative way to discuss and select User Experience based on desired business outcomes.
- Improved the guidance in the Fit-to-Standard workshops to highlight the need for SAP Fiori apps to be evaluated during fit-to-standard workshops.
- New and improved content to the Design and Configuration, Technical Architecture, and Infrastructure task to include the information on User Experience. Examples of new tasks Run the Establish the Business Value of User Experience Workshop, Run the User Experience Strategy and Guiding Principle Workshop, and updated tasks Self-Enable on SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA.
- Improved the guidance in the Analytics workstream in deliverable Analytics and Planning and Design and new task Configure initial setting for analytics.
- Improved the guidance in task Detail design of Key User Extensibility and Collect details for Extensions.
- Updates to task Authorization Roles and Assignments. The task has a new accelerator Blog – Understanding Business Roles and new procedure notes.
- New procedure notes added to task Design the Launchpad Layout Workshop Execution. The procedure notes refer to a new accelerator with recommendations on how to structure the SAP S/4HANA launchpad layout.
- Added the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaire – Oil and Gas: Hydrocarbon Value Chain to the Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for SAP S/4HANA Cloud task.
- Added a new procedure note to task Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy. The note highlight the need to assure the Data Migration strategy is aligned between the customer and the partner.
- Updated deliverable name from System Provisioning to Initial System Access for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. This is to increase consistency between our Cloud methodology content.
October 04 Release Notes
- Added New User Experience deliverables, tasks, and accelerator. The new content has been tagged with the new User Experience tag available in the Roadmap Viewer.
- New task Run the Establish the Business Value of User Experience Workshop in the Discovery Phase under the Application Value and Scoping deliverable.
- Updates to the Self-Enable on SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA tasks to include additional learning materials for SAP Fiori.
- New tasks in the Prepare phase Run the User Experience Strategy and Guiding Principles Workshop and Run the Scope and Envision the Future Workshops. These new tasks will help the team define a User Experience strategy and provide guidance during scoping.
- Added new deliverable User Experience Strategy and Workshops.
- Updates to the Define the UX/UI Strategy task. The task description has been enhanced and additional procedure steps and accelerators added.
- Updates to the Activate SAP Fiori in the Initial System, Transport Fiori Rapid Activation, and Transport Fiori Activation tasks.
- Updates to the Analytics Planning and Design deliverable to include the key highlights during the Analytics planning and design task. The deliverable has an updated task Design Filter for Embedded Analytics and a new task Configure Initial Analytics Settings.
- Added a new procedure note to task Define Cutover Strategy. The procedure notes refer to the new accelerator How to Approach Remote Cutover, which provides guidance and best practices during cutover in a remote situation.
- Added a new accelerator, Fit-to-Standard Workshops – Mural Template, to tasks Prepare and Schedule Workshops and Fit-to-Standard Workshops Execution. Updated the procedure text to include the use of the new accelerator.
September 20 Release Notes
- Added new User Experience accelerators and assigned them to the new tag User Experience. The accelerators provide guides to help you evaluate SAP Fiori apps, App selection guides, and useful documentation for workshops customers can run to discuss UX expectations and roadmap.
- Two new tasks were added in the Realize phase Plan Learning Logistics and Initiate Delivery for Trainers. The tasks cover the different methods of enablement delivery. These methods will be determined in the learning enablement strategy and learning needs analysis documents.
- Moved task Clarify Operational Readiness from the Transition Planning deliverable to the new Operations Planning deliverable. Renamed the task to Clarify Operational Requirement.
- Tagged all accelerators that are relevant for the Customer COE topic using the tag Customer COE.
- Added a new task Self-Enable on the Fit-to-Standard Process under Customer Team Self-Enablement deliverable to provide the project team self-enablement materials related to the Fit-to-Standard Process. Added two new accelerators are attached to this task Blog- Fit-to-Standard: How Does it Support the Big Picture? and Blog- How to Conduct Fit-to-Standard Shops in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementations – A Business Simulation.
- Updated the task Define Cutover Approach and renamed it to Define Cutover Strategy and revised the procedure steps.
- Removed various outdated accelerators related to Data Management.
- Removed Make Yourself Familiar with Fit-to-Standard task under Fit-to-Standard Preparation
September 07 Release Notes
- Added a new tag SAP Business Network to identify the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators relevant to SAP Business Network Starter Pack activities within the RISE with SAP.
- Added new deliverables, tasks, and accelerator related to the new SAP Business Network tag:
- A new task during the Prepare phase Prepare for the Business Network Kickoff workshop
- A new deliverable SAP Business Network Release Request with two new tasks Submit the Business Network Request Form and Perform the Business Network Starter Pack Deployment. These tasks will notify SAP to start the Business Network release.
- Several new accelerators were added related to the SAP Business Network Starter Pack tasks. The accelerators can be found using the new SAP Business Network Starter Pack tag and selecting the accelerators section.
- SAP Business Network Starter Pack Project Plan
- SAP Asset Intelligence Network – Solution Overview and Onboarding
- SAP Logistics Business Network – Carrier Enablement Summit (RISE)
- SAP Ariba Network – Supplier Onboarding Summit
- Video – SAP Business Network in 6 minutes
- SAP Ariba Network Communication
- SAP Ariba and Business Network for RISE with SAP – Delivery Proof
- Added a new tag Customer CoE to identify the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators relevant to the Customer Center of Expertise topic.
- Updated task Continuously Optimize IT Operations with information on Incident Management under deliverable Ongoing System Operations in the Run phase.
- New accelerator added What a Customer CoE should know about Incident Management – Flipbook to help customers find useful information on incident management and product support.
- Updated the bullets in task Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Relocated task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities under deliverable Getting Started with your SAP Implementation.
- Relocated deliverable SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access after deliverable Initial System Access for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a new accelerator, Help – RPA Job monitor guide, to task Monitor the Jobs in RPA Factory.
August 05 Release Notes
- New functionality available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer:
- In the “content” tab of the selected roadmap, the left panel has been modified with the addition of the scroll bar as well as the collapse and expand the feature, for better navigation.
- In the bread crumb row for Tasks, the Task Title was removed and Content was added. By clicking this ‘Content” link, users can come back to see all the filters selected by them.
- Updates to the SAP Activate for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition roadmap graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
- All SAP Fiori and User Experience deliverables, tasks, and accelerators have been tagged with the new User Experience tag available in the Roadmap Viewer.
- Several updates and improvements to the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators in the Operations and Support workstream to enhance the content and information on SAP’s Customer Centers of Expertise (Customer COE).
July 05 Release Notes
- Added a new tag User Experience to identify the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators relevant to SAP Fiori and User Experience.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Creating your custom business roles – the end – to end process and video playlist blog to task Activate SAP Fiori in the Starter System.
- Several updates and improvements to the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators in the Operations and Support workstream to enhance the content and information on SAP’s Customer Centers of Expertise (Customer COE). Below is the summary of changes:
- New accelerators Customer COE Strategy Governance and Organizatio.pdf and Customer COE Service Portfolio added to task Create an Innovation Strategy and High-Level Road Map in the Discovery phase.
- Updates to task Clarify Operational Readiness and Ensure Operational Readiness in the Prepare Phase.
- Update to the deliverable Operations Impact Evaluation with two new tasks Define Customer COE Key Capability and Specify Support and Operation Model in the Explore Phase.
- Update to deliverable Operations Implementation and its respective task in the Realize Phase. Added a new task Plan Transition and Handover.
- Updated task Operational Readiness in the Deploy Phase.
- Various updates to tasks in the Run Phase.
- Added a new deliverable Cloud Mindset Assessment and a new task Execute the Cloud Mindset in the Discovery phase, the new content assesses the organizational readiness for a cloud subscription business model. The respective task contains five new accelerators.
- Moved the System Provisioning deliverable in fourth place under the Prepare phase and created a new task Engage with the RISE with SAP team. The new task has two new accelerators for customers to engage with the team regarding SAP Business Technology Platform and the SAP Business Network Starter Pack.
- Removed deliverables SAP Cloud Trust Center and SAP Support Services for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and their respective tasks. Added a new task Access SAP Support Service added to the existing deliverable Ongoing System Operations.
- Various updates to the Integration and Extensibility workstream tagging.
- Updated accelerator SAP Cloud SDK Overview by new accelerator SAP Cloud SDK. The new accelerator is used in the task Development of WRICEF Objects.
- Retired accelerator SAP Blog – Connecting a CAL S/4HANA Instance to SAP Business Technology Platform Web IDE in the task Access a Trial Solution.
- Retired accelerator Introduction to SAP S/4HANA Cloud STE.pdf
June 21 Release Notes
- Updated task name Ensure Project Team Members Access to SAP Activate Methodology Jam Groups to Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Activate Community. Removed the procedure step for requesting access to join SAP Activate Jam Group. This step is now replaced by the steps to access, follow and collaborate on the new SAP Activate Community.
- Updated project management task Define Project Communications and Reporting with a new procedure step #7 to define the Risk Management process. This task also has two new accelerators, Sample Stakeholder Management Plan Sample Risk Register, which is a document used to manage risks in SAP Activate implementation. It should be used to identify, categorize, and track potential and already identified risks.
- Updated deliverable name Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to System Provisioning.
- Renamed task Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to Receive System Handover Notification. The task was also updated with the procedure steps that summarize the system handover activities. These activities are usually done during the Prepare phase.
- Renamed deliverable Receive Development System to Access and Set Up Initial System. The system handover activities are covered in the task Receive System Handover Notification.
- Renamed task Receive Development System and Reset Password to Access Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops.
- Rename deliverable Receive Quality System and task Receive Quality System and Reset Password to Quality System Access and Access Quality System and Reset Password.
- Rename task Receive Production System and Reset Password to Access Production System and Reset Password.
June 7 Release Notes
- Updated task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users with new procedure steps #3 and #4 to add additional guidance on the process of setting a project in SAP Cloud ALM and completing mandatory setups activities.
- Updated the tags of several accelerators in the Data Management workstream for improved usability and consistency.
- Removed accelerator Detailed Roles and Responsibility accelerator and replaced it with SAP S/4HANA, Private Cloud Edition – Roles and Responsibilities Summary accelerator. The document provides an improved view of the roles and responsibilities and has a link to the removed accelerator. The changes were made in various tasks of the Operations and Support workstream.
- Updated the tags of several accelerators in the Technical Architecture and Infrastructure workstream for improved usability and consistency.
May 24 Release Notes
- Updated task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users with new procedure steps #3 and #4 to add additional guidance on the process of setting a project in SAP Cloud ALM and completing mandatory setup activities.
- Added two new accelerators Blog – Project Setup in SAP Cloud ALM and Help – Required Setup for SAP Cloud ALM, to Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users task.
- Improved the description and procedure steps in task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP.
- Enhanced the task description to add more clarity to the purpose of this task.
- Simplified procedure steps #2 and #3
- Updated procedure steps #4 and #4 with the relevant name of accelerators needed to complete the step.
- Reduce the number of accelerators from 21 to 16, to only keep the most relevant accelerators for this task.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Note 2913617 – SAP Readiness Check 2.0 to task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP. The SAP note provides the basic setup to perform SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA and provides the list of all other required SAP notes to perform the SAP Readiness Check.
- Renamed task Custom Code Analysis from Clarify Custom Code Adaption and made improvements to the task description. description and accelerators to help customers get started with this new offering and learn more about what is included in the offering.
- Removed outdated accelerator assigned to Self-Enable on Identity and Access Management and Authorization Concept task and replaced it with an updated accelerator Authorization Concept Template.doc, specific for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- Updated several text changes to the Fit-to-Standard tasks and accelerators. The changes are just minor cosmetics updates.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream for improved usability and consistency with other roadmaps.
- Renamed task Determine the Required Migration Objects for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and improvement made to its description and procedure steps.
- Renamed task Determine Migration Cockpit Field Structures for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and improvement made to the procedure.
- Updated tagging and removed the system conversion tag to a few Data Management tasks.
May 05 Release Notes
- Enhancement to the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer with a new interactive Help functionality and a What’s New page to get the latest update in various SAP Activate Methodology roadmaps.
- Updated task Understand RISE with SAP with relevant descriptions and accelerators to help customers get started with this new offering and learn more about what is included in the offering.
- New SAP Blog – Achieve Business Value with SAP S/4HANA and Business Process Intelligence as part of RISE with SAP added to the Request and Run Business Process Discovery task. This blog highlight one of the self-service tool available within the RISE with SAP package that can help customers build a business case for their migration from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA.
- Added the SAP Activate Methodology content in SAP Cloud ALM. the content available in SAP Cloud ALM provides two templates: one for new implementation and another for system conversion. Refer to the SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding deliverables for more information on how to get access.
- Updated task Review Overview Documentation with additional procedure steps and accelerators required to get started with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- New task Review Onboarding Documentation to help customers understand the next steps once the contract is signed and get additional resources to get started with the project. This new task has new accelerators such as the SAP Help Portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and a link to additional onboarding webinar series.
- Updates to incorporate Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA. Enterprise Management Layer can be used to accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. An introduction section has been added to the Overview Page and a new accelerator for Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA is now available. The updates can be found in the following tasks:
- Text and accelerator inclusion to Review Overview Documentation task
- Procedural updates and new accelerator in Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops, Enhance System Setup with Additional Configuration, Fit-to-Standard Workshop Preparation, and the Fit-to-Standard workshops Execution.
- Updated and new SAP Fiori guidance to help customers through the steps of running SAP Fiori Rapid Activation and transporting through the system landscape. The updates include the following:
- Updated accelerator SAP Fiori Rapid Activation – Quick Guide to activate SAP Fiori in the task Activate SAP Fiori in the Starter System task to include the latest SAP S/4HANA 2020 updates.
- New task Transport SAP Fiori Rapid Activation with guidance on how to transport the activation list.
- New accelerator SAP S/4HANA Fiori Rapid Activation Transport Move To Production Strategy with step-by-step guidance to run the SAP Fiori transport after the initial activation.
- Added new SAP Learning Hub accelerators for RISE with SAP such as RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Onboarding Fundamentals (S4C03e_EN) in the Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- New procedure step and accelerator for the Webinar Series: RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition training available for partners on the SAP Partner Edge platform. The changes can are available in the task Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream with improved description and procedure steps.
- Improved task description Set up of Testing Tools and added new accelerator Test Strategy Template S4HANA Cloud. pptx.
- Retired accelerator Conversion of SAP Systems to SAP S/4HANA using SUM.
- Retired accelerator SAP Blog – Pre-check in System Conversion and replaced it with SAP Blog – SAP S/4HANA Conversion – Readiness Check 2.0 Step-by-Step.
- Retired SAP Note 2418800 as the note is no longer used and replaced it with SAP Note 2502552 – S4TC – SAP S/4HANA Conversion & Upgrade new Simplification Item Checks. The Note is available in the Check for the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP task.
April 05 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator RISE with SAP Overview in the Understand RISE with SAP task.
- Added a new blog SAP Blog – Implement Intelligent SAP BOTS and RPA in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Projects using the SAP Activate Methodology, the Request and Run Business Process Discovery task.
- Updated task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP for better readability and link the Simplification Item Catalog accelerator to the task.
- Updated task Ensure Operational Readiness with more information about the Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE):
- Added procedure steps two (2) and three (3) with 3 new accelerators: Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE), Getting Started with Primary CCOE, and the Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE) Value Offering for Customers
- Added two (2) new accelerators in the accelerators section: SAP Support – Customer Center of Expertise: Media Library and What a Customer COE Should Know About Incident Management – Flipbook
- Updated task Validate Sizing with procedure steps to highlight the various accelerators used with the following new accelerators:
- HANA Quick Sizer
- SAP Note 1793345 – Sizing for SAP Suite on HANA
- SAP Note 1872170 – Business Suite on HANA and SAP S/4HANA sizing report
- Moved User Experience Management Tool Deployment deliverable and its associated tasks from the Deploy phase to the Run Phase.
March 22 Release Notes
- Completed the update to the name SAP Cloud Platform to SAP Business Technology Platform in several accelerators. In mid-January 2021, the SAP Cloud Platform brand was officially retired to support SAP’s One Platform strategy. Refer to the rebranding page for more information.
- Replaced old terms blacklist/ whitelist. SAP is replacing these terms with inclusive language that helps to create a more inclusive workplace and ecosystem. Refer to the Inclusive Language Replacement Terms document for additional information.
- Created a new deliverable SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding which includes two new tasks: how to request and set up SAP Cloud ALM tenants and accelerators to support them.
- Added a new procedure step in task Self-Enable on SAP Cloud ALM to review the demo recording/training in SAP Cloud ALM – Public Demo Tenant and SAP Cloud ALM Tutorials accelerators to learn about the capabilities of SAP Cloud ALM.
- Added a new task Request and Run Business Process Discovery. The task provides guidance on using the Process Discovery tool as a first step and gains insights into end-to-end process performance.
- Added a new accelerator E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Added the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators to task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
March 08 Release Notes
- Added a new deliverable Discovery Assessment and related tasks to the Discovery Phase. The deliverable and task provide guidance on capturing and documenting project scope, through the SAP Digital Discovery.
- Updated accelerator Solution Standardization Board White paper
- Update the Quality Gate accelerator with relevant terminology to help the project team conduct the Quality Gate for the 5 Golden Rules and for the overall project.
- Added the How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis Design accelerator to task Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation. This document provides guidance on how to conduct Fit-to-Standard workshops.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream for usability and consistency with other roadmaps.
- Added a new task Create Initial Analytics List. This task provides guidance on how to collect and document the initial analytics requirement discussed during the Discovery Phase.
- Updated procedure steps in tasks Document Integration Requirements and Document Artificial Intelligence Requirements, to indicate where the requirements can be captured and documented in SAP Cloud ALM.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated project plan to include a read-me file and a workstream definition document.
- Updated the Implementing SAP S/4HANA with a Cloud Mindset accelerator.
- New content to help establish a Solution Standardization Board
- Updated and new SAP Fiori activation guidance
- Added a new accelerator RISE with SAP Introduction Learning Journey to Review Self-Enablement Materials task. The new learning journey helps develop the skills needed to implement RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and perform SAP Activate activities and onboarding tasks.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Cloud Services in the Review Your Support Offerings task.
- Updated procedure steps in task Self-Enable on Extensibility.
- Renamed accelerator from SAP TechEd 2019 Extensibility to SAP Community – ABAP Extensibility
- New accelerator SAP Notes – Additional information for Cloud Integration Automation Service added to task Request Cloud Integration Automation Services.
- Updated tasks, deliverables, and accelerators with the new SAP Business Technology Platform name. SAP has retired the “SAP Cloud Platform” product name to avoid confusion with the SAP Business Technology Platform brand. Read more here.