Content Updates: SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
Updated September 20, 2021
The SAP Activate implementation methodology in Roadmap Viewer provides guidance to project teams to support the customer’s journey to the intelligent enterprise.
We continue to gather feedback from our own customer community, our SAP experts, and partners and we follow an agile methodology to build on the previous version and continuously improve the content.
The content will be frequently updated and this blog will provide the release notes for the SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
September 20 Release Notes
- Added new User Experience accelerators and assigned them to the new tag User Experience. The accelerators provide guides to help you evaluate SAP Fiori apps, App selection guides, and useful documentation for workshops customers can run to discuss UX expectations and roadmap.
- Two new tasks were added in the Realize phase Plan Learning Logistics and Initiate Delivery for Trainers. The tasks cover the different methods of enablement delivery. These methods will be determined in the learning enablement strategy and learning needs analysis documents.
- Moved task Clarify Operational Readiness from the Transition Planning deliverable to the new Operations Planning deliverable. Renamed the task to Clarify Operational Requirement.
- Tagged all accelerators that are relevant for the Customer COE topic using the tag Customer COE.
- Added a new task Self-Enable on the Fit-to-Standard Process under Customer Team Self-Enablement deliverable to provide the project team self-enablement materials related to the Fit-to-Standard Process. Added two new accelerators are attached to this task Blog- Fit-to-Standard: How Does it Support the Big Picture? and Blog- How to Conduct Fit-to-Standard Shops in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementations – A Business Simulation.
- Updated the task Define Cutover Approach and renamed it to Define Cutover Strategy and revised the procedure steps.
- Removed various outdated accelerators related to Data Management.
- Removed Make Yourself Familiar with Fit-to-Standard task under Fit-to-Standard Preparation
September 07 Release Notes
- Added a new tag SAP Business Network to identify the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators relevant to SAP Business Network Starter Pack activities within the RISE with SAP.
- Added new deliverables, tasks, and accelerator related to the new SAP Business Network tag:
- A new task during the Prepare phase Prepare for the Business Network Kickoff workshop
- A new deliverable SAP Business Network Release Request with two new tasks Submit the Business Network Request Form and Perform the Business Network Starter Pack Deployment. These tasks will notify SAP to start the Business Network release.
- Several new accelerators were added related to the SAP Business Network Starter Pack tasks. The accelerators can be found using the new SAP Business Network Starter Pack tag and selecting the accelerators section.
- SAP Business Network Starter Pack Project Plan
- SAP Asset Intelligence Network – Solution Overview and Onboarding
- SAP Logistics Business Network – Carrier Enablement Summit (RISE)
- SAP Ariba Network – Supplier Onboarding Summit
- Video – SAP Business Network in 6 minutes
- SAP Ariba Network Communication
- SAP Ariba and Business Network for RISE with SAP – Delivery Proof
- Added a new tag Customer CoE to identify the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators relevant to the Customer Center of Expertise topic.
- Updated task Continuously Optimize IT Operations with information on Incident Management under deliverable Ongoing System Operations in the Run phase.
- New accelerator added What a Customer CoE should know about Incident Management – Flipbook to help customers find useful information on incident management and product support.
- Updated the bullets in task Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Relocated task Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Support Portal, SAP Best Practices Explorer, and SAP Customer Communities under deliverable Getting Started with your SAP Implementation.
- Relocated deliverable SAP Supporting Implementation Tools Access after deliverable Initial System Access for S/4HANA Cloud.
- Added a new accelerator, Help – RPA Job monitor guide, to task Monitor the Jobs in RPA Factory.
August 05 Release Notes
- New functionality available in SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer:
- In the “content” tab of the selected roadmap, the left panel has been modified with the addition of the scroll bar as well as the collapse and expand the feature, for better navigation.
- In the bread crumb row for Tasks, the Task Title was removed and Content was added. By clicking this ‘Content” link, users can come back to see all the filters selected by them.
- Updates to the SAP Activate for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition roadmap graphic to reflect all changes made. The graphic can be found in the Overview section.
- All SAP Fiori and User Experience deliverables, tasks, and accelerators have been tagged with the new User Experience tag available in the Roadmap Viewer.
- Several updates and improvements to the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators in the Operations and Support workstream to enhance the content and information on SAP’s Customer Centers of Expertise (Customer COE).
July 05 Release Notes
- Added a new tag User Experience to identify the deliverables, tasks, and accelerators relevant to SAP Fiori and User Experience.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA – Creating your custom business roles – the end – to end process and video playlist blog to task Activate SAP Fiori in the Starter System.
- Several updates and improvements to the deliverables, tasks, and accelerarators in the Operations and Support workstream to enhance the content and information on SAP’s Customer Centers of Expertise (Customer COE). Below is the summary of changes:
- New accelerators Customer COE Strategy Governance and Organizatio.pdf and Customer COE Service Portfolio added to task Create an Innovation Strategy and High-Level Road Map in the Discovery phase.
- Updates to task Clarify Operational Readiness and Ensure Operational Readiness in the Prepare Phase.
- Update to the deliverable Operations Impact Evaluation with two new tasks Define Customer COE Key Capability and Specify Support and Operation Model in the Explore Phase.
- Update to deliverable Operations Implementation and its respective task in the Realize Phase. Added a new task Plan Transition and Handover.
- Updated task Operational Readiness in the Deploy Phase.
- Various updates to tasks in the Run Phase.
- Added a new deliverable Cloud Mindset Assessment and a new task Execute the Cloud Mindset in the Discovery phase, the new content assesses the organizational readiness for a cloud subscription business model. The respective task contains five new accelerators.
- Moved the System Provisioning deliverable in fourth place under the Prepare phase and created a new task Engage with the RISE with SAP team. The new task has two new accelerators for customers to engage with the team regarding SAP Business Technology Platform and the SAP Business Network Starter Pack.
- Removed deliverables SAP Cloud Trust Center and SAP Support Services for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and their respective tasks. Added a new task Access SAP Support Service added to the existing deliverable Ongoing System Operations.
- Various updates to the Integration and Extensibility workstream tagging.
- Updated accelerator SAP Cloud SDK Overview by new accelerator SAP Cloud SDK. The new accelerator is used in the task Development of WRICEF Objects.
- Retired accelerator SAP Blog – Connecting a CAL S/4HANA Instance to SAP Business Technology Platform Web IDE in the task Access a Trial Solution.
- Retired accelerator Introduction to SAP S/4HANA Cloud STE.pdf
June 21 Release Notes
- Updated task name Ensure Project Team Members Access to SAP Activate Methodology Jam Groups to Ensure Project Team Members Access to the SAP Activate Community. Removed the procedure step for requesting access to join SAP Activate Jam Group. This step is now replaced by the steps to access, follow and collaborate on the new SAP Activate Community.
- Updated project management task Define Project Communications and Reporting with a new procedure steps #7 to define the Risk Management process. This task also has two new accelerators, Sample Stakeholder Management Plan Sample Risk Register, which is a document used to manage risks in SAP Activate implementation. It should be used to identify, categorize, and track potential and already identified risks.
- Updated deliverable name Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to System Provisioning.
- Renamed task Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops to Receive System Handover Notification. The task was also updated with the procedure steps that summarize the system handover activities. These activities are usually done during the Prepare phase.
- Renamed deliverable Receive Development System to Access and Set Up Initial System. The system handover activities are covered in the task Receive System Handover Notification.
- Renamed task Receive Development System and Reset Password to Access Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops.
- Rename deliverable Receive Quality System and task Receive Quality System and Reset Password to Quality System Access and Access Quality System and Reset Password.
- Rename task Receive Production System and Reset Password to Access Production System and Reset Password.
June 7 Release Notes
- Updated task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users with new procedure steps #3 and #4 to add additional guidance on the process of setting a project in SAP Cloud ALM and completing mandatory setups activities.
- Updated the tags of several accelerators in the Data Management workstream for improved usability and consistency.
- Removed accelerator Detailed Roles and Responsibility accelerator and replaced it with SAP S/4HANA, Private Cloud Edition – Roles and Responsibilities Summary accelerator. The document provides an improved view of the roles and responsibilities and has a link to the removed accelerator. The changes were made in various tasks of the Operations and Support workstream.
- Updated the tags of several accelerators in the Technical Architecture and Infrastructure workstream for improved usability and consistency.
May 24 Release Notes
- Updated task Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users with new procedure steps #3 and #4 to add additional guidance on the process of setting a project in SAP Cloud ALM and completing mandatory setup activities.
- Added two new accelerators Blog – Project Setup in SAP Cloud ALM and Help – Required Setup for SAP Cloud ALM, to Access SAP Cloud ALM and Create Users task.
- Improved the description and procedure steps in task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP.
- Enhanced the task description to add more clarity to the purpose of this task.
- Simplified procedure steps #2 and #3
- Updated procedure steps #4 and #4 with the relevant name of accelerators needed to complete the step.
- Reduce the number of accelerators from 21 to 16, to only keep the most relevant accelerators for this task.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Note 2913617 – SAP Readiness Check 2.0 to task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP. The SAP note provides the basic setup to perform SAP Readiness Check for SAP S/4HANA and provides the list of all other required SAP notes to perform the SAP Readiness Check.
- Renamed task Custom Code Analysis from Clarify Custom Code Adaption and made improvements to the task description. description and accelerators to help customers get started with this new offering and learn more about what is included in the offering.
- Removed outdated accelerator assigned to Self-Enable on Identity and Access Management and Authorization Concept task and replaced it with an updated accelerator Authorization Concept Template.doc, specific for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- Updated several text changes to the Fit-to-Standard tasks and accelerators. The changes are just minor and cosmetics updates.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream for improved usability and consistency with other roadmaps.
- Renamed task Determine the Required Migration Objects for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and improvement made to its description and procedure steps.
- Renamed task Determine Migration Cockpit Field Structures for SAP S/4HANA Cloud and improvement made to the procedure.
- Updated tagging and removed the system conversion tag to few Data Management tasks.
May 05 Release Notes
- Enhancement to the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer with a new interactive Help functionality and a What’s New page to get the latest update in various SAP Activate Methodology roadmaps.
- Updated task Understand RISE with SAP with relevant descriptions and accelerators to help customers get started with this new offering and learn more about what is included in the offering.
- New SAP Blog – Achieve Business Value with SAP S/4HANA and Business Process Intelligence as part of RISE with SAP added to the Request and Run Business Process Discovery task. This blog highlight one of the self-service tool available within the RISE with SAP package that can help customers build a business case for their migration from SAP ERP to SAP S/4HANA.
- Added the SAP Activate Methodology content in SAP Cloud ALM. the content available in SAP Cloud ALM provides two templates: one for new implementation and another for system conversion. Refer to the SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding deliverables for more information on how to get access.
- Updated task Review Overview Documentation with additional procedure steps and accelerators required to get started with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- New task Review Onboarding Documentation to help customers understand the next steps once the contract is signed and get additional resources to get started with the project. This new task has new accelerators such as the SAP Help Portal for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and a link to additional onboarding webinar series.
- Updates to incorporate Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA. Enterprise Management Layer can be used to accelerate and simplify the adoption of SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. An introduction section has been added to the Overview Page and a new accelerator for Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA is now available. The updates can be found in the following tasks:
- Text and accelerator inclusion to Review Overview Documentation task
- Procedural updates and new accelerator in Receive Initial System for Fit-to-Standard Workshops, Enhance System Setup with Additional Configuration, Fit-to-Standard Workshop Preparation, and the Fit-to-Standard workshops Execution.
- Updated and new SAP Fiori guidance to help customers through the steps of running SAP Fiori Rapid Activation and transporting through the system landscape. The updates include:
- Updated accelerator SAP Fiori Rapid Activation – Quick Guide to activate SAP Fiori in the task Activate SAP Fiori in the Starter System task to include the latest SAP S/4HANA 2020 updates.
- New task Transport SAP Fiori Rapid Activation with guidance on how to transport the activation list.
- New accelerator SAP S/4HANA Fiori Rapid Activation Transport Move To Production Strategy with step-by-step guidance to run the SAP Fiori transport after the initial activation.
- Added new SAP Learning Hub accelerators for RISE with SAP such as RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition Onboarding Fundamentals (S4C03e_EN) in the Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- New procedure step and accelerator for the Webinar Series: RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition training available for partners on the SAP Partner Edge platform. The changes can are available in the task Self-Enable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream with improved description and procedure steps.
- Improved task description Set up of Testing Tools and added new accelerator Test Strategy Template S4HANA Cloud.pptx.
- Retired accelerator Conversion of SAP Systems to SAP S/4HANA using SUM.
- Retired accelerator SAP Blog – Pre-check in System Conversion and replaced it with SAP Blog – SAP S/4HANA Conversion – Readiness Check 2.0 Step-by-Step.
- Retired SAP Note 2418800 as the note is no longer used and replaced it with SAP Note 2502552 – S4TC – SAP S/4HANA Conversion & Upgrade new Simplification Item Checks. The Note is available in the Check for the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP task.
April 05 Release Notes
- Added a new accelerator RISE with SAP Overview in the Understand RISE with SAP task.
- Added a new blog SAP Blog – Implement Intelligent SAP BOTS and RPA in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Projects using the SAP Activate Methodology, the Request and Run Business Process Discovery task.
- Updated task Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP for better readability and linked the Simplification Item Catalog accelerator to the task.
- Updated task Ensure Operational Readiness with more information about the Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE):
- Added procedure steps two (2) and three (3) with 3 new accelerators: Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE), Getting Started with Primary CCOE, and the Customer Center of Expertise (Customer COE) Value Offering for Customers
- Added two (2) new accelerators in the accelerators section: SAP Support – Customer Center of Expertise: Media Library and What a Customer COE Should Know About Incident Management – Flipbook
- Updated task Validate Sizing with procedure steps to highlight the various accelerators used with the following new accelerators:
- HANA Quick Sizer
- SAP Note 1793345 – Sizing for SAP Suite on HANA
- SAP Note 1872170 – Business Suite on HANA and SAP S/4HANA sizing report
- Moved User Experience Management Tool Deployment deliverable and its associated tasks from the Deploy phase to the Run Phase.
March 22 Release Notes
- Completed the update to the name SAP Cloud Platform to SAP Business Technology Platform in several accelerators. In mid-January 2021, the SAP Cloud Platform brand was officially retired to support SAP’s One Platform strategy. Refer to the rebranding page for more information.
- Replaced old terms blacklist/ whitelist. SAP is replacing these terms with inclusive language that helps to create a more inclusive workplace and ecosystem. Refer to the Inclusive Language Replacement Terms document for additional information.
- Created a new deliverable SAP Cloud ALM Onboarding which includes two new tasks: how to request and set up SAP Cloud ALM tenant and accelerators to support them.
- Added a new procedure step in task Self-Enable on SAP Cloud ALM to review the demo recording/training in SAP Cloud ALM – Public Demo Tenant and SAP Cloud ALM Tutorials accelerators to learn about the capabilities of SAP Cloud ALM.
- Added a new task Request and Run Business Process Discovery. The task provides guidance on using the Process Discovery tool as a first step and gains insights into end-to-end process performance.
- Added a new accelerator E-book – Migrating to SAP S/4HANA to tasks Self-Enable on the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit and Develop the Data Migration Approach and Strategy.
- Added the Business Driven Configuration Questionnaires accelerators to task Perform Initial Business Process Assessment for S/4HANA Cloud.
March 08 Release Notes
- Added a new deliverable Discovery Assessment and related tasks to the Discovery Phase. The deliverable and task provide guidance on capturing and documenting project scope, through the SAP Digital Discovery.
- Updated accelerator Solution Standardization Board White paper
- Update the Quality Gate accelerator with relevant terminology to help the project team conduct the Quality Gate for the 5 Golden Rules and for the overall project.
- Added the How to Approach Fit-to-Standard Analysis Design accelerator to task Fit-to-Standard Analysis Preparation. This document provides guidance on how to conduct Fit-to-Standard workshops.
- Updated several tasks in the Data Management workstream for usability and consistency with other roadmaps.
- Added a new task Create Initial Analytics List. This task provides guidance on how to collect and document the initial analytics requirement discussed during the Discovery Phase.
- Updated procedure steps in tasks Document Integration Requirements and Document Artificial Intelligence Requirements, to indicate where the requirements can be captured and documented in SAP Cloud ALM.
February 22 Release Notes
- Updated project plan to include a read me file and a workstream definition document.
- Updated the Implementing SAP S/4HANA with a Cloud Mindset accelerator.
- New content to help establish a Solution Standardization Board
- Updated and new SAP Fiori activation guidance
- Added a new accelerator RISE with SAP Introduction Learning Journey to Review Self-Enablement Materials task. The new learning journey helps develop the skills needed to implement RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, and perform SAP Activate activities and onboarding tasks.
- Added a new accelerator SAP Cloud Services in the Review Your Support Offerings task.
- Updated procedure steps in task Self-Enable on Extensibility.
- Renamed accelerator from SAP TechEd 2019 Extensibility to SAP Community – ABAP Extensibility
- New accelerator SAP Notes – Additional information for Cloud Integration Automation Service added to task Request Cloud Integration Automation Services.
- Updated tasks, deliverables, and accelerators with the new SAP Business Technology Platform name. SAP has retired the “SAP Cloud Platform” product name to avoid confusion with the SAP Business Technology Platform brand. Read more here.