Part 2 ‘BW write type’ Planning – An Inside Story
Part 1 – ‘BW write type’ Planning of this blog series describes how to create simple planning writer functions and compare the 3 Model write types – Insert, Modify, Delete & Insert.
Writer function -> ACTIVATE:
Part 2 describes the list of the objects that are generated automatically in the background when activating the Planning writer function.
- DDIC table
- HANA stored procedure
- SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) objects – Aggregation level, Filter, Planning function and Planning sequence
The below generated objects which are discussed earlier in the blog post Part 2 of the Loading writer remains relevant for the Planning ‘BW write type’ and are skipped here.
- DDIC table
- Stored procedure and
The objects that are specific for Planning ‘BW write type’ are discussed further.
SAP HANA PAK Procedure:
SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) objects
When the writer function is activated, it generates the SAP BW Planning objects necessary for writing data to ‘Model BW’ (ADSO) using SAP BW planning Engine.
- Aggregation level
- Planning function
- Planning sequence
- Process chain
SAP BW planning objects – Technical names:
Planning function technical name found in the runtime attributes can be used to derive other Planning objects technical names. For example, if planning function is YF1004636,
Aggregation level: YA* (YA1004636)
Filter : YSO* (YSO1004636)
Planning Sequence: YS* (YS1004636)
This planning sequence can be executed outside of SAP PaPM client directly in the SAP BW reporting tools such as Analysis for Office, Lumira etc.
Process chain is generated to automate & control the data from the Input function to ADSO. These Process chains can be accessed in the Tcode RSPC or RSPC1.
- Start process – This is included as first step to trigger the process chain
- Run FS-PER Function – This step executes the generated stored procedures which internally writes the data from Input function to the Output Model BW using SAP BW planning Engine.
Now you became familiar with
- Generated SAP BW planning objects
- Accessing these generated objects in SAP BW and SAP HANA Studio
In the Part 3, we will discuss how to troubleshoot the planning sequence, known issues and solutions