RISE with SAP allows SAP’s customers to embark on the journey to the Intelligent Enterprise using a bundle of products, tools and services. The offering is detailed in the article by Christian Klein, Introducing RISE with SAP – Business Transformation as a Service and the blog post by Jan Musil, RISE with SAP: Get your projects started right with SAP Activate and Ready-to-Run Business Process Content.
SAP Activate can guide your RISE with SAP implementation by providing the customer the right content and tools at the time when they are needed during the project. SAP Activate provides the overall end-to-end structure that allows your RISE with SAP implementation to continue flowing smoothly.
The same activate guidance can be accessed from two tools, SAP Active Roadmap Viewer and SAP Cloud Application Lifecycle Management (SAP Cloud ALM).
SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer
SAP Active Roadmap Viewer provides a simple to navigate user interface that provides step-by-step guidance on implementing with SAP Activate. The overall guidance is available without registration; however, SAP customers can access additional content by logging into the tool. The content is updated every two weeks and the changes are listed in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Activate Release Blog.
Access the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer via the link https://go.support.sap.com/roadmapviewer.
SAP Cloud ALM
SAP Cloud ALM is a how-to solution for managing all aspects of any SAP cloud solution. Examples include guiding customers through the initial implementation, monitoring integrations, running and continuously optimizing the solution. The same Activate guidance available in the SAP Active Roadmap Viewer is available in SAP Cloud ALM. However, SAP Cloud ALM provides execution management functionalities to help the project team members manage their workloads. SAP Cloud ALM can be requested free of charge by SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers beginning their journey to the intelligent enterprise.
Learn about SAP Cloud ALM via the link Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for cloud-centric customers
SAP Activate Guidance
In both tools, SAP Activate delivers its step-by-step guidance and is organized by the following structural elements:
- Phases – The stages of the project. At the end of each phase, a quality gate exists to verify the completion of the deliverables. The six phases (Discover, Prepare, Explore, Realize, Deploy, Run) provide a quick method to assess the overall progress of an intelligent enterprise implementation.
- Deliverables – An outcome that is delivered by executing one or more tasks. Deliverables provide a consolidated view of the work to be performed.
- Tasks – The work to be performed. Each task includes a clear purpose, a step-by-step procedure and related accelerators. Tasks are actions required to implement the intelligent enterprise. (See example below)
- Accelerators – Links to various SAP content repositories and tools to provide additional guidance or reference. Accelerators contain details beyond the tasks and are maintained by various experts throughout SAP. Examples of accelerators are set up guides, user assistance/help documentation, SAP notes, learning journeys, and other helpful resources.
Example of a Task
Regardless of which tool is used, SAP Activate will provide the support necessary to guide you through your SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation.
Additional information on RISE with SAP and SAP Activate can be found in the following blogs:
- Introducing RISE with SAP – Business Transformation as a Service
- RISE with SAP: SAP Activate Methodology for with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
- Accelerating Innovation, Speed, and Agility with Agility with RISE with SAP
- RISE with SAP: “Game Changer” for Customers Becoming Intelligent Enterprise
- A Robust Platform for RISE with SAP
- Rise with SAP: Get your projects started right with SAP Activate and Ready-to-Run Business Process Content
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Learn more about SAP Activate through the SAP Activate JAM (request access).
Access the SAP Activate Roadmap Viewer or via an internet search on ‘Roadmap Viewer’.
Follow us on Twitter via @SAP, #S4HANA, #SAPS4HANAValueSeries. Follow me on SAP.com.