Explore the MDK Showcase apps
Updated 8 May 2023: Latest changes
We have now made MDK Showcase apps available which demonstrate a specific feature or functionality within the MDK. These apps were originally built by our engineering team to demo a specific MDK feature and we decided to let our community benefit from it as well.
These apps are not intended as a full end-to-end application like what we have covered in tutorials (if you haven’t got a chance to try these out, we do highly recommend doing so).
Following are the initial showcase apps, and we will continue to add more over time:
- Calendar View Extension – learn how to implement the Calendar View for Android and iOS as Extension Control
- Image Handling – learn how to store media entity to your offline store, download the media out from the offline store, display the media
- Multi-Select & Context Menu App – learn how to use Selection feature of the Object Table and how to use the context menu of the Object Cell in Object Table
- NativeScript View Extension – learn how to create and return a NativeScript view in an extension control for Form Cell Extension
- PDF Generation – learn how to generate PDF document using 3rd party open source library :
- Persistent Filters – learn how user defined Object Table filter settings can be persisted between opening and closing the list page
- Print and QR Codes– learn how to generate QR code (image) from text and print the image using non-UI NativeScript Plugin
- Video Player View Extension – learn how to implement the Android VideoView and iOS AVPlayer as Extension control to play remote videos
These apps are made available under the SAP Sample Code license, which essentially means they are provided as-is, no warranties. Feel free to grab and reuse the portions of the app that seem useful to you.