Complete Guide to Reporting No-Show for New Hires – including Replication to SAP HCM ERP
In today’s time No-Show is a very common scenario. In SuccessFactors, earlier in case of No-Show, the only option was to delete the Employee Record. After 1911, a new feature – No-Show for New-Hire was introduced. Lets learn How to configure it in EC and replicate it back to SAP HCM/ECP
Prerequisite – SAP note-2943915 must be implemented in SAP HCM
Configuration in EC
- Create a new picklist value in Picklist Center for the Event picklist with “NS” as external code and “No Show” as the label.
- Also create another picklist value for the Employee-Status picklist with “RNS” as external code and “Reported No Show” as the label
- Create a new Event Reason in Manage Organization, Pay and Job Structures and assign it Event – “No Show” and Employee Status- “Reported No Show”
- In Manage Permission Roles select relevant role and go to Permission Settings -> Employee Data and give permissions to –
- HR Actions -> Reported No Shows
- Event Reason – > No Show
Configuration in SAP HR
Here we will create Action and Reason for Action and will integrate them with Event and Event Reason from EC
- We will go to path – SPRO -> Personnel Adminstration -> Customizing Procedure -> Actions -> Set up personnel actions
Here create a new Action “No Show” with Function Code as “1” and Employment Status as “0” so that an Action with First Hire and Withdrawn status will be created
- Now create a Reason for Action under path SPRO -> Personnel Adminstration -> Customizing Procedure -> Actions -> Create reasons for personnel actions
- Create Integration under path SPRO -> Personnel Adminstration -> Integration with SuccessFactors Employee Central -> Business Integration Builder -> Basic Settings -> Define Value Mapping -> Define Value Mapping Details
- Events and Action integration
- Event Reason and Action Reason integration
Once new employee is hired, we can see that a New Option Report No-Shows is available in Actions. This is visible as per permission given in RBP
After replication to SAP HCM we can see that in Infotype 0000 have Action Type as No Show and Employment is Withdrawn–
When Rehire is a No-Show
In case if Rehire is a No-Show, one of the following can be done –
- Rehire event in Employee Central can be deleted
- The Rehire event can be deleted and another event can be reported, which is used for documentation purposes in Employee Central.
- They can report the rehire as no-show in Employee Central only
Position can be Deactivated at time of Reporting No-Show (In Report No-Shows screen)
Reporting No-Show is a very useful feature. This feature can be use to track candidates who didn’t show up on Hire Day or refused the offer on the last minute. Also if any Organisation have a Policy not to hire any No-Show candidates, we now can stop those candidates from Rehire in Employee Central using Ok to Rehire set as No in No-Show screen
By using the configuration steps mentioned above, the No-Show record can also be replicated back to SAP HR successfully. This implies that Hire record will be replaced by No-Show record in Infotype 0000. The issue which we faced earlier that employees were remain Active for one day in SAP HR in case of No-Show will not be there any more.
Thanks for your time for reading, Happy Exploring !!!!