SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation | Bot which Adds and Imports Transport Request in SAP System
With SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation, you can automate your workflows and bring together data from disparate systems in real time. Adding machine learning capabilities enables SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation to learn from previous experiences, make more accurate decisions, and ultimately accelerate business processes. Employees are then able to focus on higher-value activities such as defining business strategies and building customer relationships.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation is a hybrid solution made of three components:
● Design the automation processes with the on-premise Desktop Studio.
● Orchestrate the automation processes with the cloud Factory.
● Execute the automation processes with the on-premise Desktop Agent(s).
An idea of a basic Bot which Adds and Imports Transport Request in SAP System.
The bot will do the following:
1. It opens the SAP Logon pad and selects a particular connection.
2. It will then put credentials to login the system.
3. Enter transaction ‘STMS_IMPORT’ and open its session.
4. Add a Transport Request and put data from a source (Excel).
5. Once TR is Added, it will set a filter and Import the Transport Request.
SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation can help you automate tasks which requires lot of manual efforts. With this Bot:
1. Manual Efforts can be reduced.
2. Human Errors and multiple clicks can be avoided.
3. Smooth & Speedy process execution.
Designing a Workflow
How to Start making your Bot?
1. Open Studio. Go to File Tab. Select New Project.
2. Enter the details & Save.
3. Go to File Tab. Select Edit Project. Click ‘Libraries’. Check ‘Excel Integration’ and ‘SAP GUI Scripting’.
4. Add Application. Select Technology- ‘UI Automation’. Click on ‘SAP Logon 760’. Then ‘Save and Capture Page.
Next Step is to Starting Capturing your pages which will be covered in next step.
This Bot contains 9 pages. They are captured as below:
Please note that you have to set unique criterias for every items. Criterias are rules set by the user and used by the Desktop connectors to recognize defined elements (applications, pages or items) in the running entities (Web pages, Windows items, and so on). Well, you can have multiple alternatives to capture and define criterias.
Step 1: Bot starts SAP Logon Application.
Step 2: It identifies a system, select it and then it clicks on Logon Button.
Step 3: The values which are set for User and Password are inserted by Bot and then it redirects to Home Page.
Step 4: T-code- ‘STMS_IMPORT’ is run by the bot and opens its session.
Step 5: ‘Add TR’ option is selected from Menu.
Step 6: It starts Excel operation.
Step 7: It opens an Excel file which you have set in its Properties.
Step 8: A Start Loop is set for Excel data.
Step 9: Exit condition is applied.
Step 10 : Activation of a particular sheet of Excel file.
Step 11: Get one value from Excel sheet as per the Start and Exit conditions.
Step12: The value is then set to ‘Add Transport’ page.
Step 13: It clicks on ‘Yes’ and Transport is added to the queue.
Step 14: ‘Wait until Application is closed’ method is used. So, it should not proceed with the next step until previous step is completed.
Step 15: Now it clicks on ‘Request Column’ and then ‘Set Filter’ option is selected.
Step 16: The same value is then set to the filter and and clicks on ‘OK’.
Step 17: ‘Wait until method’ is used again to avoid errors while execution of Bot.
Step 18: Now, the bot selects the TR and clicks on ‘Import Queue’ option.
Step 19 : It displays a page and the bot confirms it as per the set conditions.
Step 20: Then it click on “yes” to start importing the request.
Step 21: ‘Wait until app. is closed method’ is used to avoid errors.
Step 22: Again Loops to the start block.
Step 23: It ends the Excel file if exit condition is reached.
Step 24: It closes the SAP Logon Application.
Note: To Edit activities, you need to Double-Click a particular page, drag & drop activity and set values of items according to the requirements.
Build and Execution
After you have completed your workflow. Build your Project.
Execute your Project through Desktop Agent.
1. Go to file in the Desktop Studio and select Export Project.
2. Enter your login credentials of SAP Intelligent RPA Cloud Factory account. It will redirects you to Home Page.
3. Go to Packages and click on Import
4. Enter the details of desktop package.
5. Go to Environment Tab. Select your Environment or create it. Then deploy your package.
Bot is now successfully deployed on SAP Intelligent RPA in Cloud Factory
For more information on Deployment And Triggering, navigate through below link.
In this blog post, we have gone through Designing of a Bot, Workflow Execution and Bot Deployment Process on SAP Intelligent RPA Cloud Factory. And conclude that how Systematize time-consuming bots can be developed that support error-free, scalable tasks and help you focus on high-value processes.
I have come to the end of this Blog Post. Hope this will be beneficial for you !
well done. very useful application especially for the basis teams
do we need any additional license for "SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation"?
Find complete information here,
Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog .