How to Customize Migration Cockpit (LTMOM)
Welcome to another interesting Blog.
In this blog will try to understand the use of LTMOM (Migration Object Modeler)
In order to upload Data SAP has provided a tool which will save time and make a smooth transition in LTMC.
By using LTMC we can upload master data and open transactional data during Implementations such as Greenfield and Brownfield or even for day-to-day business activities.
Here are links to know more about LTMC if you wanted to know more.
LTMC Master Data (BP – Supplier) Step by Step Process | SAP Blogs
LTMC for Master Data Step by Step Process | SAP Blogs
So with an example, I would like to explain the process of LTMOM.
Let’s say a business wants a new field to add in the material master like any “Z” Field. But in LTMC only standard fields of Material master will be available, So LTMOM comes to rescue you to address your business requirements to make a customized upload function.
Below is the Template of LTMC for uploading material master, So business wants a new field to be adopted after “Batch management Requirement indicator” to address this requirement
Steps to make changes to LTMC Template
- Open LTMOM Transaction.
- Give the project name in which you want to make changes and select the Migration object
3. Once you select the required project and object which need to be customized, will be able to see in the source structure of exact Template sheet wise structure.
4.Select under which structure changes required.
5. Select the line item after to which new field to be placed and click on insert field.
6. Maintain the Z field which you have created with the following details,
- Data Type
- Decimal places
- Column header
- Group text
Once “Z” field has been added custom field indicator will be enabled.
- Once the required changes have been made. Save the changes and generate the LTMOM to get the updated Template.
- Changes made to the object will overwrite the existing/standard LTMC template and generate a new updated template where you have added “Z” Fields,
- While the new template is generating you can see below messages
10. Now open LTMC and go to project and download template.
11. You can see new fields which you added.
- Changes which have been made are only at project level it will not apply to total LTMC Object.
- While making changes in LTMOM don’t open Project in LTMC which will cause locking
- Once changes are completed and LTMOM generated refresh LTMC or reopen the project to get an updated template.
- By using the same method we can add fields or remove fields
Please share, Like and Comment anything else you want to share or add points.
Thanks & Regards
SME – S/4HANA Logistics
SAP Ariba P2P
Good one Ruthvik
Glad you liked Sasibhushan Padmanabhan
Nice blog , thanks for sharing this.
I want to know if we have customized a standard Object in a project lets say "Z_Purchaseorder" for Open purchase order by adding fields for "Goods supplier" partner function , now how to use this project Z_purchase order from fiori app "Migrate Your Data"
Since from S4 HANA on premise 2020 onwards LTMC will be deprecated, looking for solution to this
Hi Ashish Shah
From 2021 Migrate your data app will only in place to migrate data.
if we created Z_Object those objects will be available to use and view but we can't create a new one in LTMC.
if we are migrating from 1709 or 1809 to 2021 in that case those objects need to rebuild/do corrections as per 2021 Compatability
please refer to Changes to Migration Object Modeler (LTMOM) in 2020 | SAP Blogs
Hey Ruthvik Chowdary - Thanks for your suggestions worked well, i created a new project as per your suggestion and it worked !!
Hi Ashish Shah
That's good to know 👍
All the Best!!!!!
Will this field update the MARA table also. We don't require any coding or steps to update standard tables. Do we have to update target structures?
Nice blog, thanks for sharing.
Just wanted to know, After adding Z field, how to add drop down F4 selection field for that particular Z field.?
is there any back end table need to maintain from which i can pick an item.?
Thanks in advance.