RISE with SAP: SAP Activate Methodology for with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition
Two weeks ago, SAP launched RISE with SAP. With the new Business Transformation as a Service offering, we offer one bundle of products and services that help our customers start their journey to Intelligent Enterprise at their own pace and on their own terms.
Following this launch, we are pleased to announce the availability of the new SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition. This new release builds on the success of Cloud Implementation Roadmaps and further offers guidance during the customer’s journey to RISE with SAP.
Last week, Jan Musil posted a blog on how customers can get started with RISE with SAP and SAP Activate. Whether customers are moving from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA Cloud or simply transitioning from SAP S/4HANA On-Premise to Cloud, we offer the right transition path. See Figure 1 for additional details.
The brand-new implementation roadmap covers two implementation scenarios: System Conversion and New Implementation. We will later continue to enhance the roadmap by adding additional content to support all transition scenarios within RISE with SAP.
Choose your journey
The SAP Activate Implementation Methodology gives customers the freedom to get up and running and innovate continuously. It comes with a dedicated implementation roadmap and provides guidance to project teams to support the customer’s journey to SAP S/4HANA Cloud. It includes a recommended list of deliverables, tasks, and a set of accelerators to use in each phase of the project during your transition to SAP S/4HANA. Figure 2 gives an overview of the high-level deliverables by SAP Activate phases and workstreams.
How to get started
Customers and partners can get started by visiting the SAP Active Roadmap Viewer and accessing the SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition, see Figure 3 below.
SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition will walk through a detailed view of the customer’s deployment journey, from discovering the solution to going-live. The content section will guide the customer step-by-step through the SAP Activate phases and workstreams for both a new implementation and a system conversion.
- New implementation: Implement a new instance of SAP S/4HANA by moving either from a non-SAP legacy system or from an old SAP solution. In this scenario, customers want to maximize innovation, overhaul business processes, and perhaps adopt new cloud solutions. You may only want essential master data and transactional data from the existing solution.
- System conversion: Convert an existing SAP ERP solution to SAP S/4HANA, including business data and configuration. In this scenario, customers don’t want to merge or split their ERP instances and want to keep their existing data. They may want to minimize change initially and then innovate selectively afterward.
Customers can navigate the roadmap by using the “filtering” functionality as shown in Figure 4. The filter will return results depending on the scenario of choice.
One of the key aspects in the implementation of SAP S/4HANA Cloud is to embrace the fit-to-standard mindset, focusing on the re-use of the pre-configured content from SAP Best Practices or Enterprise Management Layer for SAP S/4HANA. In other words, keeping your system close to standard functionality. Whether customers decide to stay as close as possible to the standard solution or use any available extensibility options, the guide will walk you through the necessary steps in order to adopt the solution.
For system conversion scenarios, the fit-to-standard instead focuses on the validation of customer’s existing processes, reviews the latest S/4HANA innovations, scope simplification changes, and collects customer’s new requirements. The following steps as described in the SAP Activate Roadmap for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition will guide the customers to follow and adopt the fit-to-standard process throughout the implementation:
- Fit-to-Standard Workshop Preparation
- Fit-to-Standard System Preparation
- Fit-to-Standard Workshops and Documentation
- Fit-to-Standard Workshop Validation
- Design Workshops and Documentation
RISE with SAP offering component contains tools and services such as the SAP S/4HANA Readiness Check and Custom Code Analyzer. The Activate Roadmap contains content to help customers understand when, how, and where to use these embedded components. See, for example, the following tasks:
- Readiness Check: Create an Innovation Strategy and a High-Level Road Map, Check the Conversion Readiness of SAP ERP tasks, and accelerators such as the SAP Readiness Check.
- Custom Code Analyzer: Custom Code Preparation and Custom Code Impact Analysis tasks.
SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP)
The SAP BTP is the platform for Intelligent Enterprise, where customers can achieve agility, business value, and continual innovation. This is done through integration, data-to-value, and extensibility of all SAP and third-party applications and data assets. You can find some of the activities of the SAP BPT in the Integration and Extensibility workstreams. See the following Figure 6 as an example.
The COVID-19 pandemic forced companies to switch from an on-site operations model to online, pushing businesses to operate and communicate remotely. During these unprecedented times, we think about our customers and how we can help them continue to run at their best(refer to the SAP’s Response to COVID-19 Blog). The SAP Activate Methodology introduced last year two accelerators to help customers implement and go-live in a remote setting. They have also been added to this respective Activate roadmap. You can find additional details in the following documents:
For a more in-depth view, take a look at the SAP Activate Methodology for RISE with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, private edition roadmap.
For additional information on RISE with SAP, please read the following blogs:
- Introducing RISE with SAP – Business Transformation as a Service
- Acceleration Innovation, Speed, and Agility with RISE with SAP
- RISE with SAP: “Game Changer” for Customers Becoming Intelligent Enterprise
- A Robust Platform for RISE with SAP
- RISE with SAP: Get your projects started right with SAP Activate and Ready-to-Run Business Process Content
Stay tuned for more updates and blogs.
Turn on your notification to receive updates or information about items requiring your attention. To enable notifications, follow the steps on the SAP Community Resources page.
Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners , and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practices. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
OpenSAP Microlearning for SAP S/4HANA
Just a couple of months ago, we launched openSAP microlearning for SAP S/4HANA as an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearning that have generated over 20,000 views since then. Today we cover multiple lines of business, like Finance and Manufacturing & Supply Chain, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, Extensibility, User Experience, and Upgrade Management. We are continuously adding new microlearning to the SAP S/4HANA channel, so make sure you check them out.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here
Follow us via @SAP and #S4HANA, or myself via Adnette Kamugisha.