Repetitive, mechanical tasks are the bane of a modern business. But this is nothing new—for centuries, organizations have decided there’s no reason to waste invaluable human capabilities on a repetitive task when technology can do it more quickly and efficiently.
Automation not only increases efficiency, it also drives innovation by helping create new business models and freeing up valuable resources. Employees who are free from boring, automatable tasks can put their minds to work dreaming and creating the future of the business.
The Powerful Potential of Automation
SAP customers are discovering the massive potential of intelligent automation to streamline operations, enable new business models, and ultimately transform their businesses. That is why we’ve made automation our latest topic for this episode of Better Together: Customer Conversations.
We’re thrilled to be exploring this topic with Uniper, an energy company that is taking a human-centric approach to innovation. They leverage SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation as part of their larger streamlining initiative — making automation an integral component of their digital roadmap while never losing focus on their core areas, and while keeping focus on their employees.
In this episode, we are joined by two ground-breaking innovators from Uniper: Achim Löbke, Head of Architecture and Optimization and László Gergely, International Project Manager. They will discuss the market forces that are making innovation through automation a necessity, as well as the results Uniper has seen with their own initiatives:
- Reducing inspection time by half for plant technicians
- A 90% time savings through automating the job-requisitioning process
- Doubling the speed of payments through mobile invoice review and approval
The Uniper story is remarkable. It’s not just about automation; it’s about making the best use of these technologies to support employees, customers, and the business alike.
Join us for the thought-leadership podcast and the hands-on lessons learned LinkedIn conversation:
- Podcast: Achim and László will be joined by host Tamara McCleary, CEO at Thulium, and Mark van Rijmenam, Founder, Mavin. They will discuss the future of automation — including what market forces are necessitating process automation, how business leaders can identify opportunities for automation, as well as adjacent technologies, management, and how to get started.
- LinkedIn Conversation: Achim and László will join me as we take a deep dive into the practical challenges Uniper has faced, their start-up approach to challenges and the opportunities they have uncovered throughout their innovation journey. We discuss their journey of trials, tribulations and triumph – and what they have their eye on next.
Looking for more customer success stories around Driving Innovation with Automation?
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Intelligent technology helps HPE automatically resolve IT issues to enable smooth operations across its technology landscape.
- Shapoorji Pallonji accomplished a digital-first transformation that includes making their automated processes the backbone for a scalable, sustainable business model.
You will find this episodes as well as many more on sap.com/BTP. And, as always, I definitely want your input! Please tell me what topics you’d like to discuss in the future and give me feedback on the questions we should be asking our guests. You can also contact us if you’d like to be a guest on an episode.
Join us to hear customers share their candid stories with SAP Business Technology Platform.