Challenge Submission: Indian Online Shopping Assistant Bot
This blog post is part of the SAP Conversational AI Tutorial Challenge 2021 and I would like to share my use case “Indian Online Shopping Assistant Bot” with you. Using this bot, I will assist online users to get them know how much cashback amount will they receive when they purchase products in online through this bot.
What is the use case about?
Myself, I am Anand, SAP Fiori Developer. Due to my own interest in AI, I have explored SAP CAI and created a few bots. Today, I would like to share a use case where I have used this AI technology to fulfill one of my own requirement.
While learning CAI by going through the tutorials provided by team, I’ve found it interesting and exciting. During this process, I have got acquainted with Telegram bots and cloud foundry. While learning React.Js, I have come across robots.txt file and learned about web scraping concept. After knowing that it is legal to do scraping of any website over internet, I would like to use all these concepts( SAP CAI + Node Js + Cloud Foundry + Telegram ) to create a bot which will help online shopping users to check additional cashback amount they may get while place an order.
Use Case: – Shopping Assistant
Customers want to check how much cashback amount that they might get receive if they place an order using this bot.
Indian Online Shopping Assistant bot helps users to identify the suprise cashback amount that they may receive if they place an order through this bot. By this way, customers know in advance how much amount that they are going to get as a cashback and they don’t want to loose that.
- Using my P-ID , I have logged into SAP CAI and created a bot named ‘Nestham’.
- Greetings, OnlineShopping and Fallback are the three skill sets that I have used majorly to interact with users.
- Backend logic is written in NodeJs and deployed the project in cloud foundry.
- As a webhook, I have consumed this logic during runtime to fetch the data based on user’s input.
- I have added person as requirement in Greetings skillset to know about user name but this will not be required if you integrate this bot with Facebook or Telegram becaue it has access to read the username based on user’s login information.
- When User choose(Amazon) one of the button to proceed below screen will appear.
- When user click on Yes button then it will request for url to proceed
- Online shopping skill got triggered and it gives a call to below webhook
- Response from API will be displayed on screen
- If user click on Yes, Restart button will be appeared to go back to home else it will prompt for a new url
- After done with thorough test testing, I have connected this bot with WebChat, Telegram and Facebook Messenger
- WebChat link: IndianOnlineShopping
- Click on SAP chatbot integrated at the bottom of the page to assist you with the shopping.
- In Telegram, bot is live and it is available with ‘Indian Online Shopping Assistant‘ name
- However, I am a bit disappointed about the output after it has gone live on Telegram. UI looks weird when compared to chat preview in CAI, some messages got truncated 🙁
- In facebook messenger, bot is available with the name ‘Indian Online Shopping Assistant’. you can find with this name
- Though UI looks rich , webhooks are not functioning properly. May be I have not properly configured the webhook in my app 🙁
- I would like to introduce you another bot which I have developed and working fine in Telegram is ‘Amazon Cashback Calculator‘ bot . I have used Telegram UI and created this as a native bot.
- I would like to highlight a point before closing this tutorial, always keep in mind that UI design of a Bot depends on the platform you are going to deploy it. Because, some of the features shown in Chat Preview(simulation) option won’t work when they have gone live.
- I have taken a Non-SAP use case but using SAP CAI concept, I have designed this bot 🙂 . I hope you would like it.
- I request CAI team to look into these UI compatibility issues of bots when integrating with telegram
'Indian Online Shopping Assistant' Bot is working fine in Telegram. Please play around with it and leave your comments here. If you like the bot or this article, kindly share it with your friends and show your love and support
Note: please enter 'Hi' if you don't get any follow up message for your query.
Follow-up message is not appearing in Telegram for some urls. So, please enter Hi in the input bar to go back to home screen. Except this glitch remaining functionality is working fine
Very Good Sir. Really Sooper. Very Briefly Explained
Thank you 🙂
good one and very useful information for AI learners. Looking for more use cases.
Thank you Sir. I will explore it and let you know 🙂
Nice blog and very helpful . Thank you!
Thank you Harika 🙂
great work Anand, Looking forward for more updates on this!
Thank you Avinash 🙂
Good one Anand.
Thank you so much Pavan 🙂
Nice blog Anand. Very helpful.
Thank you Hema 🙂
Nice blog Anand...
Thank you Srini 🙂
This is a very useful blog for those who want to know about AI and I do not even know what AI is.
Anand you did Great work and thank you providing us this thread because you prepared step by step with screen shots so easy to learn it.
I am looking forward for more use cases in SAP CAI like this from you.
SAP CAI provides a very good tutorials for us to learn from scratch and they are pretty much simple in understanding those. I will help you always if you have any doubts bro
Thank you for sharing this great blog on the SAP Community. Good luck with the challenge!
Thank you very much for your comments Paul. It made my Day 🙂
Good Work Anand
Thank you Sandhya 🙂
Good work Anand..
Keep posting the good stuff like this. This is very much interesting to learn.
Thank you Bharadwaj and it's very interesting to build bots too 😉
Good one Anand!! Keep up the good work.
Thank you Lakshmi 🙂
Good one Anand. Inspire to explore more within SAP.
Thank you dude 🙂 Regularly, Lot of new things are rolling out from SAP. Keep watching SAP space 🙂
Superb Work Anand. Nice and Simple Chatbot. Keep it up and Continue exploring new thing.
Thank you Arun 🙂
Good topic Anand, Learned something new today:)
Thank you dude 🙂
Proud of your hard work and dedication, Anand. Keep up with your contribution to SAP community
Thank you Rashmi 🙂 . I am looking forward to contribute more to SAP world .
Nice project Anand, well done.
Thank you Nick 🙂
Thank you Sridhar 🙂
Thank you Arun 🙂
Its really Amazing Anand. Keep it up
Thank you Jasmine 🙂
Good Work Anand. Nice to see the bot functionality. Thanks
Thank you Gowri 🙂
This is really a very interesting piece of work, Anand. Great job done!
Thank you Bhayya 🙂
You are very much welcome! 🙂
It was more infromative and i was motivated