In this blog post, I will explain following scenario which was one of my clients requirement.
Max limit of 5 days remaining balance on Vacation time account, needs to carry over to next year which should be used by the end of June Next year. ( 06/30/2021).
The Solution has been provided in KBA 2530361, but when I started to follow those steps provided in the KBA I realized there are more details needs to be taken care of.
So, after finishing my configuration, I decided to document it as my first Blog.
The whole point of this configuration is storing the carry over balance in an Adhoc time account type which is valid for 6 months ( 1/1/2021 – 06/30/2021) and enable employees to book from this time account until June.
- Create a custom filed on “Time Account” Object via “Configure Object Definition” eg: “CarryOverBalance” to store remaining balance.
- Create Adhoc Time Account Type via Manage Time Off Structure:
- Create 2 Interim Rules:
Second rule to post the balance stored in the custom field on Time Account to Adhoc Time Account Type. This rule will be assigned to Adhoc Time Account Type.
- Create a Time type related to Adhoc Time Account Type as you need to add the Time Type to the Time Profiles, so employees are able to book it.
- Import Adhoc Time Account for employees:
Export Time Account Template from “Import and Export Data”
- Schedule the first interim rule for standard annual leave Time Account Type for Dec31 to run in “Manage Time Off Calendar”
- Schedule the second interim for Adhoc Time Account Type rule for Jan01 to run in “Manage Time Off Calendar”
You can simulate the first rule and have the result but since you don’t want to run it before Dec 31, so there won’t be any result to use in the second rule. That’s why you won’t have a simulation result for the second rule
The reason we schedule these 2 rules in different days, is because we don’t know which one run first if we schedule them in the same day.
To close the old accounts I prefer not to have a PEP rule automated. In case if you face any issues, you have those accounts open. You can Run the PEP rules after you ensure the carry over process has been completed successfully.