Mass processing of Business partners using MDC in Fiori (Part-2)
This blog is the continuation from blog Mass processing of Business partners using MDC in Fiori (Part-1)
In this blog I am going to discuss how to use the Fiori apps to create a process for update operation of master data.
- Download BP master data using Export Master data Fiori app
- Select the fields which you want to download in the scope
- Give BP number in the include option and download .xml excel file
- The SOURCE_ID signifies BP number , Action_code signifies the type of operation you want to perform
- For Update operation we can leave action code blank
- For Extend operation we can use action_code ‘I’.
- For Delete operation we can use action_code ‘D’.
- By default action_code column is hidden and below is screenshot of hidden columns
2. Use Start mass processing for business partners to import the file downloaded from export master data app
- After importing the file , click on save button to create the process.
- Initialization step will show the scope of the process i.e. which fields are getting changed.
- Edit phase will show which records are updated inserted deleted. in this case we have changed the data in the excel, however with edit records button on top of the bar we can change the values of fields defined in the scope
- Validation phase will check the master data against the configuration data in the system
- Activation step which is direct activation in our case will activate the data in the SAP database
- Completion of activation step will complete the process.
This blog covers the end to end process of downloading active master data , editing it and importing the changed to perform mass change .
I hope this will be helpful for the readers.
Please feel free to share your comments and suggestions.