End-to-end Testing in Peppol Exchange Service
If you want to test a country solution for one of the Peppol countries and you don’t know where to start from, then you are in the right place.
As prerequisites, you must ensure that you have:
- subscribed to Peppol Exchange Service for the cloud edition of SAP Document Compliance
- completed the implementation of SAP Notes described in the generic Peppol Installation overview SAP Note 2783795
- completed the implementation of SAP Notes described in the country overview note.
Testing with “yourself”
The easiest way to run an end-to-end test is to use for both Sender and Receiver an own Peppol participant ID. You should execute this type of test also if you don’t plan to use both sending and receiving capabilities of the service in production.
Following Peppol’s four corner model, the document is sent from your backend system (Corner 1 in the picture above), it will then reach the Sender Access Point (Corner 2), which will forward the document to the Receiver Access Point (Corner 3). Receiver Access Point will send the document to the final Receiver (Corner 4).
When testing with “yourself”, the exchange is happening within the SAP Access Point (corner 2 & 3)
In your Peppol Exchange Service dashboard
- Register the participant in Master Data Management application of Peppol Exchange Service. Enable it for both sending and receiving documents.
In your backend system
- In the sender Company Code master data maintain the same identifier (VAT, GLN, Leitweg-ID, etc.) that you registered in the service, as described in the Master Data section of the country documentation relevant to your system release.
- Add an entry to EDOEUCOMPV view, corresponding to the Company Code and participant type used at point 1.
- Enable the Company Code for source type SRC_FILE in EDOCOMPANYACTIV view, to be able to receive incoming documents.
- Create a test Customer/Business Partner and maintain the same identifier you used for the company code at point 1. Follow the steps described in the Master Data section of the country documentation relevant to your system release.
- Add an entry to EDOEUBUPAV view, corresponding to the Customer/Business Partner and the participant type you used.
- Create a source document (FI or SD) and submit the generated electronic document from the eDocument Cockpit.
Remark: Always maintain your own participants in the Master Data Management and not participants of your customers.
If you set up your system as described above, you will be able to see both the outgoing and incoming documents in the eDocument Cockpit in your backend system. When you achieve that, it means that both your backend and service part of the solution are correctly configured and you are ready to test with customers or move the implementation to your productive system.
For more information about testing check the Testing Best Practices section of the documentation or the Attention points for testing blog post.
Please share your feedback and thoughts in a comment. If you have questions about SAP Document Compliance, you can post your question here.
thanks for your helpful blog-entries regarding peppol-testing.
I have one small question. How do we make sure, that the Peppol-ID with the postfix "_TEST" is used and not the real VAT-ID. Both, for customer and our selfs. In the VAT-ID-Field in SAP we can not maintain it, because of value-validation.
We are migrating existing connectivity to new S/4-Hana System and would like to have a full test-szenario between two of our companies.
Thanks for your help.
thank you for your comment 🙂
you don't have to add the _TEST suffix in the backend VAT field, it is automatically added in the Peppol Exchange Service depending on the environment. If you send a document to the Customer Test tenant endpoint then the participant will be enhanced with _TEST as a suffix. In the Production environment this suffix is not added.
thank you for your blog!
I'm trying to replicate the steps for the backend system in the SAP S/4HANA Cloud and I don't understand how to add the entries in the views (e.g. EDOEUCOMPV and EDOEUBUPAV). Are there any specific apps for this in the S/4HANA Cloud?
Thanks in advance for the help!
thank you for this E2E Testing blog.
Unfortunately this is not working in our environment. As far as I can see we installed and configurated everything correct, but we are not getting any answers from Peppol Test environment. In the Peppol service I can see that it got some documents and the state is "GEPUSHT" but I don't get any response in edoc_cockpit of my backend. I don't know where the message gets lost.
you have to check first of all to which backend system is your sender participant linked in the Peppol service dashboard. If it's the correct one and you still face the issue please open an incident on the respective country component and we will check the set-up.