Implementer’s Guide to Rapid S4-based Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA using SAP Analytics Cloud
Audience for this blog: Partners, Consultants, and Customers interested in implementing SAP Analytics Cloud on top of SAP S/4HANA (updated August 2022 with SAC’s New Model Type)
See quick VIDEO for this introduction to an exciting FREE business content offering from SAP.
Upgraded to New Model Type in August 2022 – Available now!
Did you know?
SAP offers a suite of SAP Analytics Cloud business content solutions for use in SAP S/4HANA-based financial planning & analysis scenarios.
These models were built by a team of SAP Consulting architects mostly based in North America, leveraging real customer experience in the New Model Type, while addressing Best Practice requirements related to the Corporate FP&A team under the CFO Office
- The Rapid FP&A Suite is made up of:
Note: Click on the hyperlinks above to tap into “Best Practice Explorer” where will find a Test Script (“user guide”) and implementation-friendly guides, including integration guides.
Business content is FREE to customers of SAP Analytics Cloud.
How to Import the Rapid FP&A Content to your SAC tentant?
When in SAP Analytics Cloud:
- Follow this generic Business Content download guide HERE (search the word “Rapid” in Business Content Network), or
- The links in the section above include a specific guide on how to import this content into your own customer tenant – follow the 2JX Import Model configuration guide
Here is the user interface for the Business Content Network in SAP Analytics Cloud:
What is new in August 2022?
The #1 ask we have had in the Best Practice team is a conversion to the New Model Type, so we are excited to announce the upgraded models are available NOW!
- Rapid FP&A deploys a Model Structure Priority of “Accounts over Measures“, which allows important flexibility with calculations and labeling values in stories
- On the currency front, stored values for Actuals in both local and global currency provide 100% tie out to your SAP S/4HANA sources across all three models
- Leveraging the New Model Type capabilities, the Flow concept has been migrated from a generic “Dimension” to three “Measures”, which provides more accurate quarter-end and year-end aggregation of balance sheet figures
- Read about the New Model HERE
What about this video series?
- You can watch these videos when you want and in any order you want
- Each video is accompanied by a PDF attachment with the slides
- We will update (or add new vides) videos for the New Model Type soon
What is the message to YOU from this blog?
Best Practice Rapid Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA Content is FREE.
The Suite is Rapid. Simple. Standard.
The video series is FREE!
Follow-up questions to the the author are also FREE!
You now have the FREE-dom to implement Best Practices for Rapid Financial Planning & Analysis for SAP S/4HANA at your customer.
Review the SAP Analytics Cloud roadmap HERE
Request a feature in SAP Analytics Cloud HERE
To participate in the training –
(Note: The content referenced above is now on SAC’s New Model Type, but the videos below are still on SAC’s Classic Account Model as we await new videos!)
Step 1: Watch this Video – which is an introduction to The Suite:
Financial Planning & Analysis Suite for SAP S/4HANA using SAP Analytics Cloud (Best Practices – Jan 2021)
Step 2: Watch the Videos below in any order and at any time
|Sales Planning||Workforce Planning|
|Documentation & External Links|
|Reports (Summary, KPI, Trend, Variance)||Video||Video||Video|
Planning Input Forms
|Calculations (Advanced Formulas / Account Formulas)||Video||Video||Video|
If you want to train on the entire suite, we suggest you watch FP&A videos top to bottom and then complete Sales and then Workforce top to bottom.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can Best Practice financial planning solutions for SAP S/4HANA Cloud be implemented with SAP S/4HANA On-Premise?
- Yes! The planning models would be the same, and implementing the cloud connector will allow SAP Analytics Cloud to integrate with SAP S/4HANA on-premise.
Enjoy the video series!
Mark P. Burke
SAP S/4HANA Cloud – Product Manager
Financial Planning & Analysis
Palo Alto, CA