How to export custom fields in the payment advice form
The goal of this post is to describe the step-by -step process of how to export the custom field and logic in the payment advice form, Based on the best practice experience, it will be explained for you with an example:
1. Export ap clerk’s email address of supplier master data into a payment advice form;
2. Export payment reference value of invoice documents into a payment advice form
The content of the document is the following:
- Create two new custom fields and two new enhancement implementations
- Search CDS view
- Adopt your own payment advice form
- Business Partner
- Create Payment Run
- Display Payment Advice
The business process and preliminary steps to configure the payment advice are described in the accounts payable scope item (J60).
- 2.5.3 BRF + Settings for Payment Advice
- 4.1.1 Maintain Business Partner
- 4.2 Invoice Entry without Purchase Order
- 4.6 Payment Run
See also Adding Custom Fields to Payment Advice Forms
Create two new custom fields and two new enhancement implemetations
You use the two new enhancement spots (Business Add-In BAdI):
- Finance: Payment Advice
- Finance: payment Advice Item
to add your own custom fields and enable it into the payment advice form template; furthermore to implement your own logic to fill the data into your own custom fields which defined in previous step, ultimately those custom fields with values will be exported into your payment advice form during the printing or emailing.
Note: To be able to access this app and follow the described process, your user must be assigned a role that has the authorization as defined in the business catalog Extensibility (SAP_CORE_BC_EXT), or you could use the user Administrator.
- Create new fields
- Open the Custom Fields and Logic app from the extensibility business group on your launchpad.
- In the Custom Fields tab
- Choose +(Create) to add and create a new header field
- Fill out the dialog box as explained in the following table and then choose Create.
Field Explanation Business Context Finance: Payment Advice Label Clerk_Email Identifier YY1_Clerk_Email Tooltip Clerk’s email address Type Email Address
- Enable the field usage in the Form Templates
- Create a new item field by following the above step
Field Explanation Business Context Finance: Payment Advice Item Label Payment_Reference Identifier YY1_Payment_Reference Tooltip Payment Reference Type Text
- Create new Enhancements
- Switch to the Custom Logic tab
- Choose + (Create) to add and create new enhancement implementation for the Header filed
- Fill out the dialog box as explained in the following table and then choose
Field Explanation Business Context Finance: Payment Advice BAdI Description Payment Advice Header Output Printing Adaption Implementation Description Payment_ADV_H_Extension Implementation ID YY1_PAYMENT_ADV_H_EXTENSION
- To get the accounting clerk’s email from the supplier you must implement the following logic.
- Choose Save Draft in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose Publish in the bottom-right corner to activate your new logic
- Follow the above steps to add and create new enhancement implementation for the Item filed
Field Explanation Business Context Finance: Payment Advice Item BAdI Description Payment Advice Item Output Printing Adaption Implementation Description PAYMENT_ADV_I_EXTENSION Implementation ID YY1_PAYMENT_ADV_I_EXTENSION
- To get the payment reference from the journal entries you must implement the following logic.
- To find more views, which can be used in your own logic, use application View Browser.
- Search for view by entering keywords or view you already know
- Open the view to display details. The definition shows a list of fields in view
- Here are CDS views most frequently used in this enhancement
I_BUSINESSPARTNER Business Partner I_SUPPLIERTOBUSINESSPARTNER Supplier to Business Partner Relationship I_SUPPPLIER Supplier I_SUPPLIERCOMPANY Company code data of supplier I_JOURNALENTRY Journal Entry (Header) I_JOURNALENTRYITEM Journal Entry Item I_OPERATIONALACCTGDOCCUBE Operational journal Entry Item-Cube
Adopt your own payment advice form
- Open the app Maintain Form Templates, switch to the tap ‘Predelivered Templates’ , search the ‘FIN_FO_PAYM_ADVICE’
- Download the payment advice form and it will be extracted as the ZIP file
- Install the software ‘Adobe LiveCycle Designer’ into your laptop, and open the downloaded form
- Find out your custom field from the ‘Data View’ structure
ToPaymentPreparedData Custom fields in Header ToPaymentPaiditem Custom fields in Item
- Add the custom field ‘Clerk_Email’(YY1_Clerk_Email_AVH) into the form and binding the data
- Add the custom field ‘Payment_Reference’(YY1_Payment_Reference_AVI) into the form and binding the data
- Save the changes and open the app Maintain Form Templates to upload your own customized form
- Click + to create a form template
Form Template Name Define your custom form Language Choose the supported language Select Form Template File Select the customized form adopted in previous step Data Source FDP_FFO_PAYM_ADVICE_SRV(Form Data Provider FI Payment Advice) Form Type Content
- Assign your customized form for the output type in the SSCUI (102313) ‘Assign Form Templates’
Application Object Type Output Type Form template ID FFO_PAYM_ADV PAYM_ADV Your customized Form ID
- Define your customized form ID into the BRF+ (Output Parameter Determination)
Note: please change the BRF+ setting by referring the test script chapter 2.5.3 (BRF + Settings for Payment Advice) described in the prerequisite section
- Input the email address into the Business Partner
- Create an Invoice and input the values into the field Payment Reference
- Schedule the payment run and view the payment advice form
Hi, Is it possible to use the data captured in a custom field more widely? I’m thinking about options like:
All advice very welcome, thanks.