Attention Project Managers, “all things” SAP Cloud ALM
Hi everyone. Great to be back. What a year ahead of us. I wanted to write a short blog post sharing some great knowledge to Project Managers and Project teams who are working on SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects this year. As you know, the SAP Cloud ALM tool is now available to all customers. I want to share with you 4 blogs that summarize perfectly from the basics to a more detailed description of how SAP Activate methodology is in lock step with our SAP Cloud ALM tool. Great read for all project managers and SAP Partners interested in learning more about SAP Cloud ALM for your SAP S/4HANA Cloud projects.
SAP Activate implementation roadmaps continue to serve as the best practices and implementation guidance for ‘all things’ SAP S/4HANA Cloud and our Intelligent Enterprise solutions. However, I agree it is a lot of information to consume for any one person. What has helped me over the years, mainly out of necessity, I had to package up my content consumption for an overall basic understanding of a topic and if I choose to take a deeper dive the information is there for me to consume if I wanted it. I want to do that for you in this blog by sharing these other blogs published this month, January, 2021 by my colleague Jag, located at SAP Global Headquarters in Walldorf, Germany.
My esteemed colleague and SAP legend, Jagmohan Singh Chawla , has provided us a great summary for SAP Cloud ALM. In his first blog, Jag, talks about Basics of Project Management in SAP Cloud ALM down to the basic details of
- What is a Project
- What is a Project template
- Structure of Template tasks
- Workstreams in a Project
- Roles in a Project
Next Jag takes us through the basics of task management in SAP Cloud ALM. Once again in the most basic terminology available. Read the summary of topics like
- What is a Task
- What are the different sources of Tasks in SAP Cloud ALM
- and What are the attributes of tasks
In the third blog Jag eloquently combines project management and task management in SAP Cloud ALM together in his blog Understanding Project and Task Management in SAP Cloud ALM. Get into the details of
- How to setup the first Project in SAP Cloud ALM
- Basics of Task Management in SAP Cloud ALM
- Basics of Project Management in SAP Cloud ALM
- Capabilities and Features in Project and Task Management in SAP Cloud ALM
In Jag’s fourth blog he captures a simple set of tables bringing it all together in a summary of the capabilities and features in project and task management in SAP Cloud ALM. Check out his blog Capabilities and Features in Project and Task Management in SAP Cloud ALM.
Thank you and I hope this has provided you some value in a simple and easy format for consumption. Have fun reading my colleague Jag’s blogs and please we love to hear your thoughts and comments. Don’t be shy, we know you have questions.
As always, I would like to encourage you to subscribe to our new podcast “Inside SAP S/4HANA”. This podcast leverages the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA product experts, partners and customers to address your needs by sharing product insights and project best practice. There is no customer success without product success and project success; we help you get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA projects a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge.
Your voice matters!
If you want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, join our SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community. This platform which is available to SAP S/4HANA Cloud customers and partners has a clear mission: deliver an interactive community to engage with one another about best practices and product solutions.
For more information on SAP S/4HANA Cloud, check out the following links:
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud release info: http://www.sap.com/s4-cloudrelease
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Release Blogs here
- SAP S/4HANA PSCC Digital Enablement Wheel here
- Inside SAP S/4HANA Podcast here
- Product videos on our SAP S/4HANA Cloud and SAP S/4HANA YouTube playlist
- Best practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud here
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Customer Community: register here
- SAP Activate Community here
- new micro-learnings to the SAP S/4HANA channel
- Feature Scope Description here
- What’s New here
- Help Portal Product Page here
- Implementation Portal here