Integration of SAP Master Data Governance (MDG) with SAP Ariba Supplier and Lifecycle Performance (SLP)
We know that the integration and consistent availability of data are extremely important. Because not all Business Partners are created and governed centrally in a master data management application such as SAP Master Data Governance, but also in business applications, for example, SAP Ariba Supplier Lifecycle and Performance (SLP), an integration of such applications is not only reasonable but a requirement.
It is therefore not surprising that our customers have repeatedly asked for an integration of MDG with SAP Ariba SLP. Here’s good news for those who haven’t heard yet: We now offer an integration of SAP MDG-S with SAP Ariba SLP that is choreographed according to real and practice-oriented business scenarios! The integration is available for MDG on S/4HANA 1809 and higher, and MDG 9.2 (on ECC). Note that the integration is currently only available for customers running SLP as the only SAP Ariba component.
A closer look at the choreography
The choreography foresees various interaction scenarios according to the availability or non-availability of a specific supplier record in the interacting applications, for example:
- Creation of new supplier in SLP during request or qualification: The supplier data is replicated to MDG-S where data can be changed and enriched, or where potential duplicates are detected. The result is replicated to SLP and the operational ERP system.
- Change of supplier data in SLP: The supplier data is replicated to MDG-S where data can be changed or enriched. The result is replicated back to SLP and the operational ERP system.
- Creation of new supplier in MDG: Supplier is created in a central governance process (change request) or a consolidation run. The result is replicated to SLP and the operational ERP system.
- Change of supplier data in MDG (in central governance process or mass change): The result is replicated to SLP and the operational ERP system.
- Merge active suppliers in MDG: The result is replicated to SLP and the operational ERP system.
You can find short videos about each of the scenarios here.
For details, you can check out the SAP Roadmap Explorer.
While currently there’s still a direct connection between MDG and the applications, we plan on adding SAP Master Data Integration in the future as part of our integration strategy for master data. SAP Master Data Integration is planned to become the central master data sharing layer responsible for the data replication without changing the use cases and scenarios.
Find more information on SAP Master Data Governance here:
- Exchange knowledge: SAP Community | Q&A | Blog
- Try SAP Master Data Governance on S/4HANA for free: Trial Version
- Learn more: Latest Release | Webinars | Help Portal | How-to Guides
If you have any further questions, please leave a comment below or post your question to the community. Carsten Koehler will be happy to get back to you.